Chapter 16

Next day I woke up from the sun shining at me from my window and I just turned around to get  the sunshine out of my face. I open my eyes slightly, not finding the reason to get up and out of bed. I looked over at the clock and saw that I only had a few hours before I needed to go to the pub. My body reluctantly got up and dragged me into the bathroom again where the first thing I noticed was the scissor in the sink. 

I then looked up at myself and at my dark brown hair that reached down to my waist when I didn't put it up in a ponytail like I did every day and realised that I looked exactly like my mom. Before the cancer took her beautiful hair away, her hair was about the length mine was now. A tear fell from my eye as I thought about her. If she was here I would have someone to talk to about what is going on, have a shoulder to cry on or have a best friend to talk to and a mother to ask for advice.

I picked up the scissor and before I knew it I had cut some of my hair away. I had just cut it up to my shoulder. My eyes looked down at the hair at the floor before I look back up at the mirror. A sigh escapes my lips before I grab another strand of hair and listen as the scissor cuts through my hair again. I cut it all the way around and a small circle of hair had formed around my feet. 

I had cut my hair up to the top of my shoulders and the resemblance with my mom was still there since my face looked like hers. I couldn't do anything about my face so I guess cutting my hair was the only thing I could change about that. 

I got the hair away from the floor before I walked downstairs to try to get some food in my system though I wasn't hungry. It was now use showing up at the pub looking like a living corpse. And if there was something in there I couldn't act like this forever. I put a hand on my stomach and somehow it managed to put a smile on my face even though it may have ripped my best friend away from me. 

I was early at the pub and my shift didn't start for another 15 minutes, but I decided to start now anyway. I walked into the kitchen where Palina had just started on fileting a fish. She looks up at me and seconds later notice the hair. "Have you cut your hair?" She asks with wide eyes while she keeps cutting the fish. "Yeah, I felt it was time for a change" I tell her and hang my bag up on a hook at the wall and pull my apron to me before I put it on and tie it around my waist. "It looks nice" she replies shortly with a smile her before I smile back at her and walk out of the kitchen. 

The day went by slowly, but nothing big happened either. Arthur hadn't been here yet and it was close to closing time.

I cleaned one of the tables when the door opened abruptly and a drunken crowd came in. I recognized a few people though one of them was Alex. He caught my stare and smiled viciously. My heart kept beating faster as he closed the distance between us. 

He stopped and was close enough for me to smell the alcohol on his breath. "How are you doing?" He asks and I was a little shook from his question. "Fine" I answer shortly, still shook. "That's nice" He says before suddenly closing the distance between us completely and pulled me to him with his hand on my lower back. I feel his warm breath on my ear and my body went completely frozen. 

"I can make you feel better than he ever will" He whispers into my ear and I want to hit him, but my body wouldn't move. The door opens once more as the crowd has calmed down tough Alex had his arms wrapped around me. Victor had to leave early and Palina was in the kitchen so she didn't know what was going on out here. 

The person who walks into the building is Arthur and I open my mouth to cry for help, but nothing comes out. He scans the place and I am relieved when his eyes locks with mine. He walks over and pull Alex away for me and start pushing him towards the exit. "I think it's time that you all leave. They are closing earlier today" He tell them and they look like a group of deers in headlights as they get up from their seats and couldn't get out of the building fast enough.

As the door closes I smile and try to reach for his arm, but he it away from me. "I can't" He says before he also walks out of the building leaving me all alone in the room. He would barely look at me and he wouldn't let me touch him. Why did I feel like he was punishing me for this? For all we know I probably wasn't pregnant and this drama would have been for nothing. 

I needed to confront him, but I didn't have energy to do it right now. I hadn't taken my lunch break today so my body was pretty weak. I walked into the kitchen to get my bag before going home after locking the door and cleaning the rest of the tables and floors. "I'm going home for the night" I tell her and hang my apron up before I grab my bag. "Okay hun. See you tomorrow" Palina reply and I give her a smile before I walk out the door from the kitchen and towards my house.

The house felt so empty and I managed to get to my couch before my body broke down. Tears started forming in my eyes as my mind drifted back to earlier tonight when he pulled away from me when I tried to touch him.

I closed my eyes for a bit and somehow drifted off to sleep, thinking about if Arthur ever would talk to me again, if he ever would touch me again.