Chapter 13

I felt my body shutting down from the cold as I let myself sink lower down to the bottom. My eyes were open, and I decided to close them just as someone jumped in and pulled me up. As I hit the surface I catch my breath and open my eyes again. For the second time Arthur had pulled me out of the water, but now I didn't wanted to be rescued. He tried pulling me with him up from the water, but I pulled away from him.

"Don't touch me!" I yell at him and tried to swim away from him, but he grabs my arm and pulls me too him. "What are you trying to do?" He asks, and I try to get out of his grip.

"It is none of your business. Why don't you go hang out with your girlfriend from the ocean and leave me the hell alone" I answer, and his eyes go wide. "That was not what it..." He starts but I interrupt him. "Oh, save it. I was just a side chick to you" I say and Arthur swim closer to me. "Why would you think that? Without asking me about it?" he says ad look at me.

I swim over to the edge a few meters from him and pull myself up from the water. He looks at me as I get the excess water out of my hair, I couldn't do anything now with him here. "Who is she?" I ask him as I lay my eyes on him.

"Her name is Mera, and she is from Atlantis. I used to be with her, but I ended it. Though she still loves me, I don't love her. Not like I love you" he says and my eyes go wide. "Do you love me?" I ask surprised. "Yes, and it breaks my heart that you would go do this" he says, and I can hear the hurt in his raspy voice as he speaks. My tears started coming and I tried wiping them away with the sleeve of my soaking sweater.

"I am sorry" I say and bury my face in his neck as he moves closer to me. His skin was so warm against my cheek and I felt his arm wrap around me. "I am glad I got here on time" he says before I look up at him and he kisses me.

I was freezing and was thankful that he gave me his sweater he had pulled off, before he jumped in to stop me for doing something horrible. This darkness filling me was eating me up, and it didn't take more than flipping a switch to make me jump from a cliff into ending my life and leaving people like my dad and Arthur.

As we walk outside it was completely dark and freezing. I started shivering and Arthur placed his arm around me again. "You probably have to see your father. He is worried sick about you when he couldn't find you anywhere" Arthur says as we are walking downhill towards the town. "Okay, see you later?" I ask him, and he nods before I'm at my tip toes kissing him and he is kissing me back.

We part ways and I head home where I hadn't been for days. I thought about if I should tell him what I tried to do today or if I should just not say anything. As I reach the front door I have decided not to, so I could spare him from anymore trauma. What would he do if Arthur had found me dead and had to deliver my dead body to him? I shake the thought out of my head and open the door.

As I walk into the hallway there is some mumbling in the living room and I walk further in to see who my dad was talking to. Dad was sitting in the couch with his head in hands getting comforted by a blond woman I had seen at the pub sometimes. She locks eyes with me and stop stroking my dad on his back.

"Edward?" She says, and my dad looks up and at her before he follows her eyes and looks at me. He jumps up from the couch and pulls me in for a hug.

"Where have you been pumpkin? I thought something bad had happened to you" he says, and I hug him back tightly, like I'm holding onto him for my dear life. "I'm okay now dad" is the only thing that leave my lips and he lets me go.

"So, Curry knew where you were?" He says, and I guess he meant Arthur. "Yeah, I was at our spot" I tell him and think about that I know had spoiled our place by trying to kill myself there.

But it was also the place he had said that he loved me. "Okay, I'm just happy that you are home safe. And this is Ingibjòrg, she works at the pharmacy here" he says and both me and Ingibjòrg says hi too each other. I wanted to ask the reason why she was here, but I just wanted to take a shower and then get back to Arthur.

"I'm tired so I will just take a shower and then go to bed" I say and start backing up towards the hall to go upstairs. "Okay pumpkin, if you want anything just let me know" he says, and I give him a smile before I walk upstairs and into my room to pick up some clothes. I took one look at my clock on my nightstand and saw that it was 2 am in the morning.

Why was dad having someone over and having them staying here till over midnight? I pack some clothes in a bag before I walk into the bathroom to take my shower. As I looked at my naked self in the mirror I realized that I had forgot my birth control pills for the last three days. It was too late to take a morning after pill, so I would just have to wait and hope for a negative test.

The shower was refreshing, and the water felt good against my cold skin. I get back in my room and pack some more things before getting my ass to Arthur. I decided to keep the potential pregnancy secret now until I knew for sure.

As I walk downstairs I can hear them talking in the living room. "I don't like her hanging around with that Arthur Curry? He is trouble and seem to have a problem with his anger" Dad says, and I stop up to listen to the conversation. "I know Edward, but if he makes her happy you must give him a chance" says and I smile about how she is defending Arthur. "I know, I just want the best for her. I don't know why she doesn't want to be social with the other kids here" Dad continues, and I decide to not listen to them anymore and get out of the house. I sneak out the door in the kitchen before I head for Arthur's house.

After a few knocks the door opens, and a half naked Arthur is standing in front me. He smiles, and I put my arms around his waist to cling my body to his and he hugs me back. Then I suddenly remember that I haven't said that I love Arthur after he said that he loved me. "I love you" I say and hear him laugh low. "I love you too" he replies and kisses me on my head. I look up and I smile before he kisses me again on my lips.

I walk over to the bed and put my bag down on the floor before I pull my sweater over my head to get ready for bed. As I unhook my bra Arthur walks up behind me and kisses me on my shoulder. I smile and as one of his hands is hands are stroking me over my stomach I vision myself with a baby bump, but I as fast as the thought came to mind I tried forgetting it as fast as the thought came to mind. That could never happen.

My plan was to get away from here and get an education when I had the money to do it. Therefore, I prayed for a negative test when I had to take one.

I didn't think more of the matter and climb onto the bed to get under the duvet while I wait for Arthur to come join me. He smiles at me as I lie on my stomach hugging the pillow. "This is something I can get used to" He says as he walks towards the bed. I laugh at him and he comes under the duvet before he kisses my back and then my shoulder. "I hope I can get used to this" I say and put my head on his chest. The last thing he does before I fall asleep is stroking me between my shoulder blades.