Chapter 5

"Tell me how did you get so cold?" Oliver asked, breaking the tense silence in the car.

Nick was handling the wheels. He said James and Harry had something to take care of.
"When you people started leaving family behind," I answered coldly. Oliver put his right hand on his forehead as if checking his temperature.

"You know we had no choice right?" Nick's answer got me angry.

"But you could have come visit, which none of you ever did." "Not even once." I added quietly.

"We came to visit every day of the first 5 months remember?"

"I don't get you, what do you mean?" I asked confused and slightly irritated.

"You forget easily, don't you? We came every day, but you said you didn't want to see us" Oliver said with a hint of humor slicing in his voice.

What were this men playing at?

Then it hit me and tears pricked at the corner of my eyes. They came every month but my foster mum told them I didn't wanna see them. Because grandma was always with me.
(And people say I got no respect for the woman who took me in... I'd punch the next person who tells me that). I always saw the exact type of Nick truck pass my window, but shrugged it off as my imagination. Since my foster mum and grandma told me that they left town. I hated them.

"Harley, you alright?" Oliver asked concern laced in his voice. Then I noticed that some tears managed to make their way down my cheeks which I wiped off quickly. I never wanted them to see me cry.

"Yes, yes, it's just that, that I never said I didn't wanna see you guys, but my FUCKING foster mum told me that you guys traveled immediately Nick dropped me off." I answered

"What?" They all asked simultaneously.

"Watch your mouth, no cursing," Nick said as their voice died down.

"Is that what you're bothered about right now, she let grandma come to see me every fucking day and tried abusing me, that's why I kept on hating you guys everyday!" I was yelling now and the truck was already parked at the side of the road.

"Hey, it's okay. We would deal with this okay?"

"Okay."

"Why don't we change subject?" Oliver asked, then Nick started driving again and the rest of them sighed.

"i missed you Harley" Oliver stated smiling.

"i wish i could say the same" was my response.

"Harley we got some rules for you, which we would deal with when we get home," Nick said sternly.

I just rolled my eyes. "Just so you know I'm not one to follow rules" I replied calmly.

"Okay, so we'll also deal with that when we get home". He replied.

"Okay, so how is Alicia?," I asked Nick, that brought another tense silence. Alicia was Nick's fiancee.

Soooooo, what do you
Think....?