Chapter 20 - That moment

I woke up, another bright yet painful day for me as I see Elle's is still there, not moving an inch. The machine beside her is noisy; telling me that she's still there, breathing.

"Hey there, Elle Dear." I patted her head and smile weakly. I used to see her smile, her laugh but today, what I see is just a new Elle; who didn't greet my morning greeting with a smile, who respond me nothing, not even a smile.

Her face is so pale as if red blood cells is not flowing. I take care the emotionless Elle for a week now. And she's still there, sleeping, enjoying her adventure in wonderland.

"Aren't you hungry? You know, I'm hungry so I think I'm gonna buy some food." I caressed her hair and kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

I came back after a few minutes, and i saw a petite figure sitting on the chair while she softly patted Elle's hand. "You're here, Bomi." I said and I entered the room, making her shocked and she immediately stand up. "Yeah." She look down for a while and she then look up and smile at me. But that's not the smile she used to wear during school.

She sit on the chair again as I offered her a cup of coffee. I could see her sad expression behind her weak smile. Everyone who knew her could.

"Thanks..for taking care of Elle." She broke the silent, head still looking down to the coffee. "No. I guess it's my responsibility. Well, Yeah sure. Welcome." I replied her and she weakly smile and look at Elle.

"Hey, do you want me to tell you a secret?" Bomi said and I look at her; who is looking at Elle.

"You know, Actually.. Elle doesn't believe in love." I was shocked by her sudden confession about Elle. "She always think that love is just some kind of game." She added.

"Why? Why did she think it that way?"

Bomi smile as she remembering the past. "You know, She once fall in love before." Bomi stayed silent for a couple of minutes and she continued. "Not after the boy, who I call bastard dumped her. For someone else." She bitted her lower lips and I can see the pain from her expression.

"It was on the winter season at night." She recall the memories; who flashing back into her brain.

---

"BOMI..!" She called for my name when school is over and she put her arm around my shoulder. "Lol. What's wrong with you? Being so happy and hyper?" I locked my locker while she's smiling at me, showing off her white, pretty teeth.

"It's winter now right?!" She said as she pointed at the snowfall. "Yeah? And what's wrong with that?" She turned to me and smile. "Myungsoo invited me to a cafe tonight!" She cheered, clapping her hands and jumping up and down.

Myungsoo is her boyfriend and they've been together for 3 months now. "Oh really? Good for you then!" I take her hand and we jumped together. "I'm gonna get ready and wear.. hmm.. something pretty tonight!" She said, happily and that's really make me happy.

"Do you want me to help you?"

"Of course! You have a greater taste in fashion than me. Just make sure don't make me wear thin clothes, okay? It's winter."

I laughed and she hit my arm. "Ouch! What's that for?" She make a 'V' sign with her hand and said "That's what you get if you disobey my order!" She said and we both laughed while heading outside the school.

--

"Done!" I said, closing the lip-gloss and told her to take a look of herself on the mirror. "Whoa! You're really good at this!" She said, looking at her left side of her face, then right, left, right several times.

"So, you're ready to meet him?" I asked her. She nodded happily and she grabbed her bag, heading downstairs.

"I follow you. Just, i'm going to somewhere far from your table." I said and we leave the house together.

"Oh there he is! Oppa!" She called for Myungsoo and waved at him happily. I walked to the nearby table and one of the girl who look like a sister to me.

"Welcome back dear." Bora said, greeting me with a smile. Bora is 2 years elder than me and I love her so much.

"Yeah, I'm back eonni!" I smile at her and give me a look as if she's asking me what I want. "As usual." I smile and she smile softly at me. "As you wish." She gives me a wink and I wink at her back.

Bora came back bringing my coffee latte and I thank her before she went back to the counter.

I sip my drink and turn to look at Elle. I'm not supposed to stalk her like this but I can't help it. They're super quiet and Elle just keep her gaze on the table. I take out my phone and look at the clock.

And I look at her again. She now put both of her hand on her hips and she grabs her long dark blue denim. She look down at her hands and I can sense something is happening.

Myungsoo then stand up after he said something to Elle and walked out from the cafe. I let my eyes follow him and I saw he's hugging a girl after he walked out from the cafe.

"Omona." I cover my mouth in disbelief. I turn to look at Elle who is still sit still on the chair. I quickly grabbed my coffee latte and walked quickly towards Elle. "Hey Elle." I take a sit infront of her. "He..leave me." She said in a low voice that sound like a whisper. "Whaa–what?" My eyes is wide open when I heard that statement escaped from her mouth.

She stays silent, so do I. I don't know what I should say to her as I'm speechless like how she is right now. "Elle.." I tried to comfort her and I heard her sobs. I can see tears falling from her eyes, touching her denim.

"Am I.. useless?" She said, her voice shaking as she talked.

"N-no! You're not!"

"But in his eyes, i'm useless.."

Silent. I'm out of ideas. What should I say? I'm good at handling people who are going for date. But not a break up.

I called for bora eonni and ask a cup of hot cocoa. "Not too hot though." I whispered at her and she nodded her head. I look at Elle again. "Calm down Elle. You know, there must be something good behind all this." I comforted her but she didn't respond at all.

"Elle, Come on. You shouldn't cry for someone like that. You should cry for someone who leave you for goodness, when his secret motive is to protect you. Not leaving you for another girl." I hold her hand and rub it softly.

"But, I don't think I can meet with those people.."

"You can!"

"Bomi, I promise myself. I will not love anyone, I will not trust anyone. Unless they have changed me."

-

-

-

Author's note: Ayo! An update is here woohoo! so how are you guys? it's been raining here recently. And I keep sneezing. i'm afraid that i might catch a cold ><

So hope you guys like this and comment! ;) Gomawo! Saranghae!