Chapter 23 - The truth

I was once again here, taking care of Elle who is still not awake from her long sleep.

"Elle.." I hold her hands. "Well, I'm planning to tell you this but Bomi arrived so I just can't tell you this yesterday. But today, I'll tell you." I softly rub her hand.

"It's about.. the moment where you saw me with the girl who tried to hurt you many times? Jane Ahn. Remember?" I look at her, forgetting that she won't answer me. "Actually, I wasn't hugging her back then."

<<<>>>

I waited at the garden, waiting for Elle to come like how we've promised. I smile as I look up and saw the moon. It's really pretty and Elle would be happy to see it.

After a few minutes of waiting, I heard footsteps coming closer and I turned to look at the door. "Elle..?" I said happily but it's not Elle. "Hi baekhyun!" She said. "Jane Ahn."  I murmured as I saw her standing infront of me. "Aw. Why did you sound like you're not happy to see me?" She said it with aegyo. And it didn't suit her at all.

"I'm here to see Elle. Not you Jane Ahn." I said as she take steps towards me. "Ops. Sorry though but Elle won't come." She smile. "What?"

"She said she can't come here baekhyun."

"Why did you know she can't come?"

"Hm. She told me. At the backstage just now." She smile again.

"I don't believe you, Jane Ahn." I said to her, making her turn to look at me. "You know, Baekhyun. Even though you're wearing that frown face, you still look great." She laughed.

"Stop this Jane. Go." I said yet she didn't listen to me. "I would, after you break up with Elle." I look at her, angry. "Why would I?"

She laughed. "Why? If not, Elle will keep suffering even more. You know what I capable to do." She smile. That smile of her make me wanna vomit.

"I will protect her from you. And I won't break up with her."

She laughed. She look at her watch. "Sorry Baekhyun. But I guess things will happen to the way I want to." She suddenly hug me, making me shocked by her behavior. The moment when I was about to break the hug, I saw Elle, looking at me as her smile faded.

"Elle.." I called her name and she smile at me. "It's okay. It's okay. Sorry if I'm.. er.. disturbing you guys." She said at me then she walk away. "Elle..!" I called her once more but Jane is still hugging me. "Get away Jane!" I pushed her away. "Listen Jane. I hate you. I feel regret meeting a person like you. From now on, don't you dare show your face to me, or Elle. And you don't know what I'm capable to do that seem more dangerous than yours." I warned her before I went to chased after Elle.

"Elle..!" I called her again but she's not stopping her steps. When I keep calling for her, she walked towards the road and a light beamed to her face. "ELLE..!" I shouted for her name and I was about to rescue her. But i'm too late. And she was hit by the car.

<<<>>>

"So that's the story, Elle." I softly rub her hand. "I'm..sorry." I rest my forehead against her hand and tears start flowing. "I should be faster that time. And this won't happened if I did." My voice shakes as it escaped from my mouth.

I spend my time crying while holding her hands. Blaming myself all the time.

<<<>>>

My phone ring and wake me up from my sleep. I took it out from my pocket and answered it. "Mom?"

I said and mom said something at the other line as I keep nodding my head. "Yes. Yes. I know." I said before ending the call. I look at Elle and I dialed Bomi's number. "Bomi, Can you take care of Elle for tonight?"

<<<>>>

"Hey baekhyun! I'm here!" She slid the door open and I smile. "Thanks for coming even though it's already this late." I said to her and she shook her hand. "No. No. It's okay. I'll do everything for Elle if you asked me to." She smile before she sit on the chair.

"I'll be going home for tonight and I'll come back tomorrow morning." I look at Elle while telling Bomi about it.

"Sure." She smile at me, giving me warm smile. "Thanks." I picked my jacket that lied on the couch up and thanks Bomi once more before heading outside.

<<<>>>

"You're here." My mom said once I arrived at my house. "Yes. I'm home." I said and mom hug me. "Sorry for telling you all that all of sudden dear." She patted my back. "It's okay mom. We have no choice." I said it even though my mouth don't want to say.

"I'm so sorry." She touch my cheeks and I smile at her. "It's okay."

-

-

-

A/n: It's okay, it's love baekhyun. Nananananana..! What's gonna happened? I'm going to cry guys. /hug you all and cry/ I'm sorry if this chap is a bit short. Hope you guys like it tho! /cries/ Sad to tell that the story will come to an end /cries/