Russia x Tropical! Reader

A request by 

 @JuliaGarcia469

(H/l) = Hair length

(H/c) = Hair colour

(Y/c)= Your country's name

Sitting alone at the side of the beach sent a calm sensation to you. Your (h/l) (h/c) hair flew in sync with the wind.

The salty beach breeze and the sand beneath your toes made you feel euphoric. You watch as the waves pushed and pulled in a repeated motion, which you find quite amusing. As you watch the peaceful spectacle, you felt a light tap on your shoulder.

"Hello." Said a tall man with blonde hair and captivating violet eyes which made your heart flutter. "Can I join you?" He continued.

"Sure." You reply. "I was kinda getting lonely." Which is not true, your friends just went to the bathroom because they ate a dangerous meatloaf. And also, a hot dude just wanted to join you, so of course you won't turn down his offer.

He sits right next to you on the sand. "I'm Ivan." He introduced.

"(Y/n)."

"That's a beautiful name." He complimented. You smile in response. "Where are you from?" you ask.

"Moscow, Russia." He said.

"What's it like there?" you ask.

"Cold." he replied casually. "What about here, what's it like?" he asked.

"Hot." You reply.

You both stare at each other's eyes then burst out laughing. Despite your differences, you have a feeling the both of you will get along nicely.

Although as much as you want to stay with this man, there was something about him that's quite off. Even though he's in a tropical country, he's wearing a long scarf like some sort of twat in the middle of the beach, which he is.

Out of curiosity, you ask him. "Um... Why are you wearing a scarf?" you ask politely as much as possible. "It's really hot here."

Ivan chuckled. "A lot of people have always wanted to ask me that but never had the courage." He said. He paused for a moment and finally opened up. "This scarf was from my older sister." He said.

You frown sympathetically. "I-is she dead?"

"No! No! She's back at Ukraine."

"Oh."

Ivan continued his story. "She gave me this scarf when I was very young; she gave it to me even though she could just wear it for herself." Ivan smiled as he recalled the memory. "She gave it to me, knowing she'll freeze in the harsh cold."

You could feel yourself tearing up.

"Please don't cry." Ivan pleaded. "Your pretty face would get soiled."

You dry your tears. "That's better!" The Russian said.

"Ivan, have you explored my island yet?" you ask, sparking up a conversation. He shook his head.

"Then let's start!" You say as you leapt up. You drag the Russian man. "I'm going to show you a lot of things around here! It's really beautiful. You'll love it!"

You take Ivan to a path in the forest that lead to a waterfall. Ivan stared wide-eyed onto the plethora of water cascading down below. "Impressive, isn't it?"You say filled with pride. Ivan was lost for words, he stared mouth slightly open.

"Tell me Ivan." You say. "Do you see any waterfalls like that in Russia?"

Ivan shook his head. "Most of the waterfalls I see are either frozen or little that fell from a stream..."

You feel pity for this guy. And you honestly have no clue wtf the country Russia looks like. You place your hand on your hips as Ivan watched the falls, fascinated by it, almost mesmerized.

"Do you want to swim in it?" You ask. "Sure!" Ivan replied in a happy tone. Luckily for you, you already wore a swimwear. As for Ivan, he took off his shirt, except for his beloved scarf. His toned muscles sculpted his body like an ancient Greek sculpture.

(Pictured above: A hot potato that will haunt your wet dreams)

Your face turned red. You instantly turn around and cover your face.

"What's wrong?" Ivan asked. "Are you sick?" He inched closer to you and touched your forehead. "You're hot!" You turn red even more.

"Your fever's getting worse!" Ivan yelled. You sweated profusely. From not only his touch but the fact that he's taller than you so his abs are directly at your face.

His heavenly six pack somewhat reminded you of a cluster of potatoes. (don't judge me for that sentence)

"I think we should go elsewhere, we don't want you to get sicker." Ivan said as he put his shirt back on. A pang of disappointment hit you like lightning. 'I guess I won't see him without his shirt anymore.' You glumly thought.

~

As you lead Ivan to other popular destinations from your island, you think of ways to get him to take his shirt off- I mean for him to enjoy his stay at your place. His scarf swayed back and forth with the wind, you were lost in thought, aimlessly walking through the paved sidewalks.

"Ivan." You called out.

"Hm?"

"I'd like to say thank you for being such a nice friend." You say as you fiddle with your hair. "But, I'm afraid there aren't any more (Y/c) treasures we can explore." You say guiltily.

Ivan smiled gently.

"What are you talking about?" he said. "There are more beautiful things to explore."

"What?" You ask dumbfounded, although you are 100% sure that there aren't much to see in your little island.

Ivan went closer to you and leaned to your height. "You."

Your eyes widened in surprise as a blush crept onto your face.