Chapter 77 - Training: Day 1

DOMITIA MIDGAR'S P.O.V

Stepping out of the elevator with Septimus and Chester, I let out a heavy sigh. What if I don't want to train?

It's not like I'm inexperienced; I wield a spear better than most people do. My mind races as the woman gives us unnecessary instructions before letting us run around wildly.

Obviously I make my way over to the spear rack and select my worthy stick: black, average sized, accompanied by a long arrowhead type point.

Dummies are set up around me; some swing from nooses, others are propped up against random objects.

"Domitia, I need you to hit as many of these as you can with your spear."

Complaining, I reply. "I have one spear, fetch me some more."

"Calm your bossy ass down." Turning around, Chester stands. Why he isn't training, I don't know, but I don't appreciate him ridiculing me from behind.

"Get lost, Chester." My tolerance towards him is zero; I've never despised a specimen as much as him. His pretentious attitude makes him think he can get away with murder - which he has.

Chester tuts as I attempt to throw the spear. "You're holding it wrong, stupid." Honestly, if he was in my class at school, I would've slit his throat by now.

Correcting my grip, I launch the black stick upwards. Watching it soar, fly, dip...

It completely misses the dummy. By almost a metre.

Chester snorts behind me, knowing he's going to get a better score than I will. "Girl, you aren't looking good for these games."

Half tempted to turn around, I growl. Why can't I rip that smug grin from his face, kill him right here?

Nothing stops me from hurling myself towards him. Flying through the air, I see him.

But I don't lock onto my target.

Chester steps out the way. "You rein acting the spear incident?" I'm surprised Septimus hasn't said anything to him.

Phoxus appears behind Chester and pats his back. "You okay buddy?" Phoxus asks, glaring straight at me.

Chester nods. "Yeah, just some egoistic idiot trying to get in my way," he replies, following Phoxus' glare.

Are they in an alliance? If they are, then we know that I - and Septimus - won't have to worry about them. We can kill them in the bloodbath.

Septimus, to my surprise, yells at me from across the room; not that his words are encouraging or kind.

"Domitia, stop being horrible. Chester is right - you're weak."

Something makes me wants to collapse onto the floor, scream, cry out at how everyone hates me.

Some young kid slides up to me and offers me a dagger. "We're the same - we can kill our relatives in the arena and win for ourselves."

This kid, with an alive relative, must be connected to Phoxus. "So, what's your name?" I ask.

"Cynder. Cynder Rawdawg, Rhymer's sister." She stare up at me, moving her black hair from behind her ear.

Who the hell is Rhymer?

Following her gaze, I see a blonde boy and a light browned hair boy. Either one could be her brother. Then, these two blonde girls saunter up to the pair and smile as they produce numerous books.

It's probably the dirty blonde hair boy.

"Domitia Midgar, cousin of Septimus," I reply, holding my hand out. She shakes it and immediately asks to ally.