Chapter 17 - The Arena: Day 3

YOHAN ALLARDYCE'S P.O.V

My wife, Ivory, was tucked under a bush. I can't let another tribute find her.

I was eating a bird and she was eating a rabbit when she suddenly passed out. I screamed as she fell to the floor lifeless. I now have to get an antidote that 4 others are fighting for. I wonder who...

I saw Septimus in the bushes. Tansy was in a tree. Chester was opposite me from the cornucopia. He didn't not have an advantage. Where's the other tribute?

Ovid. He was already there. He grabbed two antidotes and headed back to the bushes. Tansy tried to attack him, but he fired a arrow from his crossbow straight into her heart. She died instantly, the cannon symbolising her death.

I started running. I can't let Ivory die. Chester soon followed. I need that antidote for Ivory.

Chester threw a knife. I screamed and ducked, rolling towards the table where the one antidote remained. Septimus still sat in the bush.

Topaz must be in the coma. If it was Roxen, he'd be out see right now. Poor Topaz, she's too kind to die.

Another cannon went off. Please don't tell me that was Ivory.

Chester grabbed the antidote and ran. I had nothing. I ran in the direction Ovid fled, taking Tansy's claws before the hovercraft had the chance to take them.

Poor Alisma. She was going to die.

I followed the footsteps in the snow, hoping to find Ovid. They stopped at a tree.

I looked up. Ivory was tied to the tree. Ovid held one of the antidotes in his hand and poured it into her mouth.

I climbed up after him. He saved Ivory's life. I am a terrible husband.

"Ovid," I said, my voice cracking slightly. Tears were going to emerge. "Thank you. So so much."

"No problem," he replied, a smile on his face.

Ivory's eyes fluttered. I let a tear roll down my face. She was alive.

"Yohan," she croaked, "you're here. What happened?"

"It was the rabbit," I said, cupping her face in my hands. "You fell into a coma. Ovid saved your life. I'm so sorry. I'm a terrible husband."

She kissed me. "No you aren't. You're the best husband I could ever have."

Ovid coughed. "Guys, I don't want to spoil the moment, but I have an ally to save."

I nodded, remembering Wade. "Where is he?" I asked.

Ovid pointed. "In a bush in that direction. It's surrounded by berry bushes. There's a few bushes without berries. He's in one of those."

"I'll go. You've done your part. Stay with Ivory whilst she's too weak to carry on." I said. He nodded and I climbed down the trees.

Once I reached the red berry bushes, I ripped the bushes apart. There was no one in the first bush.

I tried the second bush. Blood. Oh god no.

I checked the third bush. Boots. I pulled the leaves off of their branches.

Wade was there. With a knife through his heart. I had to tell Ovid.

CHESTER LITTLETON'S P.O.V

I don't have much time.

I ran to the bush where the pink rabbit still remained.

I don't care about Keelan. He won't survive anyway.

I poured the antidote in to her mouth. Topaz's mouth.

Topaz was my best friend when I first started school. We didn't know anyone as we were both new, so we stuck with each other.

We grew apart when we grew older. I studied law and got a girlfriend. She studied make up and hairdressing. We had different friends and didn't have time to hang out.

I will never let her die though. She was my best friend for 7 years. She is a part of my life and I would rather let Keelan die than Topaz.

She sat up slightly and coughed. "Chester?" She sounded awful. "Where's Roxen and Septimus?"

"Septimus didn't get the antidote. He left you for dead. C'mon, we have to move," I said. I grabbed her hand to help her up.

I will never have a crush on Topaz. She is like the sibling I've never had. She's a better sibling than either Paisley brother.

Another cannon went off. Whoever hasn't gotten an antidote to their partner must've died.

Alisma. Tansy died at the feast. No one from District 5 was alive to save her. Someone killed Wade.

We ran towards the cornucopia. Septimus and Roxen were still sat there. What were they doing?

Absolutely nothing. They have sat there for over an hour. Aren't they freezing cold? I know I am.

Topaz screamed. An arrow was stuck out of her front. A similar sound escaped Roxen's lips. A shuriken was between her eyes. They both fell to the floor, blood everywhere. Two cannons went off.

I yelled in frustration. I don't care about Roxen. Topaz was struggling to breathe. Not like this. No. Please. Don't die.

Four figures emerged from the shadows. Ovid with his crossbow. Yohan with his shurikens. Ivory with her throwing axes.

And someone who I didn't think I'd see.

Keelan with his katana. "So, Chester," he laughed. Not a happy laugh though. "I never thought I'd see you again. Looks like you had other plans."

He lunged towards me, his Katana slicing my chest. I yelped and grabbed Topaz's backpack before sprinting for the woods. I threw a knife. A male scream came from behind me. I hope it was Keelan. He tried to kill me. The bastard.

I ran as fast as I could. I heard another scream. Another male one. One of them screams had to be Keelan.

Along the way, two cannons sounded.
I'm dying for it to be Keelan and Ovid. Ovid did kill Topaz.

Topaz is dead. I wonder what her burial will be like. I wonder if my body will be buried next to hers or if I'll escape this place.

I found a sturdy enough tree branch to sleep on. I climbed the thick, snowy tree and tied myself to the tree. Please. Just let me escape this nightmare. I want to see Dusk and my to be born baby. Get me out of here.

KEELAN LURO'S P.O.V

Ovid was on the floor, gasping for air. A knife sliced his neck, leaving him to slowly bleed to death.

His death was my fault. Chester wanted to kill me. Not Ovid.

I started shaking. It must be about 3am in the morning. Ovid will probably freeze to death.

"Keelan, Ivory, Yohan you have to win. Get out of here. I believe you can do it. I love you all."

The cannon signalled. Ovid was gone. There was nothing I could do.

I took his backpack and left the crossbow wrapped in his arms.

"Poor Ovid, thinking I could win."

I turned around. I hadn't even looked at Ivory and Yohan during that time. A dagger had been thrown. Roxen's dagger. Septimus must have done it.

Ivory was sobbing. "You saved my life. Yohan you can't die. You're my only love." She bawled, hugging him. He slipped to the ground, clutching his gut. I think his lung had been punctured.

"I would do anything for you. You know that babe. I would die for you." Yohan laughed, struggling to breathe. His lips began to turn blue. I knew there wasn't much time.

He handed me his backpack and have Ivory the shurikens. "Thank you for everything. All my happiness. All my love. Ivory, I will always love you."

BOOM!

Ivory screamed and sobbed, the cannon confirming Yohan's death. I could tell that this was being broadcast. I let her hug his dead body. Ovid and Yohan were next to each other. We closed their eyes and saluted them. The hovercraft lifted the two bodies into the air.

The intercom started out. "Tributes. There are 4 of you left," Fione boomed. "We've decided to bring our new attraction early, knowing that by the end of the morning, this minigame will be over." She laughed. "Enjoy your treat."

On cue, snow started falling. It looked beautiful. Where was the catch?

Ivory screamed. Her face came up in rashes. I started itching my arms. This wasn't ordinary snow.

We ran for cover, dumping our bags. This will surely kill one of us. It'll kill me. I'm the criminal here.

I'm doing everything in my power to get Ivory out alive.

SEPTIMUS BAKER'S P.O.V

I tried not to scream. The snow is acidic. I can tell. It was burning my skin. It was seeping through my eyepatch.

I ducked under a spear rack in the cornucopia. I started thinking. 4 left? Already? I'm surprised.

No one from the Careers was sponsored. We're all too arrogant and we have endless supplies. The others weren't sponsored because they're weak. It would be a waste of money.

The Ultimate Game will be longer than this. It'll probably be about a week long.

I wonder where Chester was. His family have done a great job of running my District. Chester can't die. Chester is next in line. Who will take over if Chester dies?

Ivory and Keelan ran into the cornucopia. They didn't see me. I have no right to kill them. They haven't done anything to me.

But if me and Chester are to get home, someone has to die.

"We should be safe here," Keelan said, his face swollen and disfigured. They must've been in the snow for absolutely ages.

Ivory panted. "Yeah. I wonder where the other's are," she asked.

As if on cue, faces lighted up in the sky. Faces from day two appeared, seeing as it was only about 4am. They knew that people would die after the feast.

Roxen. Zak. Topaz. Wade. Tansy. Alisma. Yarrow. Ovid. Jed. Maxwell. Yohan.

20 dead. 1 to go until we get out of here. All of us leave. The difference is one of us is leaving here dead.

Chester sprinted into view, yelping as the acid penetrated his skin. He darted under the cornucopia. "I know you're here," he screamed, a knife between every finger. "Show yourselves."

For fun, I thought I'd stand up. He'd be frowned upon if he killed me.

"Hey Chester," I laughed. "I'm here." I stood up from behind the spear rack, sword in hand. He laughed.

"Hey Septimus. Where are the others?"

They froze. I didn't want to dog them out.

Keelan jumped from behind the like of supplies we developed on day 1. He fell on Chester, the Katana slicing his chest. Again. An X shape was carved into Chester's chest.

"X marks the spot," Keelan laughed.

"Unfortunately, criminals don't live in the games," Chester said, stabbing Keelan in the gut. Chester's wound was deep. If only Topaz was here to heal him.

They both lay next to each other on the floor, panting. Both were losing blood quickly. Ivory poked her head out from behind the supplies.

BOOM!

"No!" Ivory and I shouted in unison. We don't know who made it. The acid rain stopped.

"Ladies and Gentleman," President Ammon announced, "May I present to you our winners of Minigame 1, Septimus Baker, Ivory Fennel, I mean Allardyce, and Chester Littleton!"