Chapter 47 - Training: Day 3

THALIA DUNBRYLL'S P.O.V

I wielded an axe in each hand, ready for the next set of dummies. Axes, I know, not very original for a District 7 tribute.

But if I need these to survive, then I'll use them without hesitation.

I wonder what Lotus is doing right now. Probably demanding something from his mum. Gifts, attention, anything to satisfy his needs.

A new dummy came out with a bow and arrow. I immediately threw one of my axes at it, smashing it in the skull.

As I went to retrieve my axe, I heard a sound to my right. I swung my axe over my shoulder, hearing the metal blade collide with something.

Another dummy's head.

"This is ridiculous," the instructor moaned.

I dropped the axes, not wanting to show anymore skill for the time being. The gamemakers won't put any axes at the cornucopia. Good shows means struggles from tributes.

It's not like I'm gonna pull any sponsors.

I walked over to Ogilby and Theta who were learning to build traps. Something seemed different about Ogibly.

"Hey, Thalia," Ogilby yelled, smiling. "My cast is off. I can walk again!"

"That's great!" I smiled at him. At least he can run away from Vibia and Indigo before they torture him.

Theta cut a vine or a rope of some sort, sending her trap thing flying. Someone came out of the trap. A ball of some sort.

The ball soared through the air, twisting through the training centre. The ball smacked a dummy on the other side of the room, knocking it to the floor.

The dummy tried to get back up, but Bramble jabbed the dummy with his dagger. The dummy stopped moving and Bramble laughed.

"I want Bramble to go home. I'm not even sure if Vibia could kill him," I said to Ogibly and Theta.

"I understand. No one has a grudge against him. He's a Capitol favourite. He'll rake in the sponsors by the minute." Theta replied.

Ogibly used his teeth to tear through a bunch of vines. "He doesn't have much to live for though. I think the people with the best lives should go home."

"Like?" I asked.

"Orchid," Theta replied. "He only turned 12 a few days ago."

"That means I may as well become a bloodbath tribute," I said, lowering my head. "What do I have?"

"You have what many girls envy," Theta grinned. "Flux."

I blushed slightly. "That's sweet, but-"

"No buts. You and Flux should rerun home," Ogibly said.

"Arlu and Auricula. Persei and Skene. You and Orchid," I replied, trying to name as many couples as I could.

"Me and Orchid aren't a thing," she laughed.

"You sure?" Ogilby smiled cheekily. "You so are."

Theta got up and ran off, laughing her head off. Awh, how cute.

"So, Ogibly, how's that leg. Wanna test it out doing the bleep test?" I teased.

"No. That bleep test looked horrifying," he replied.

"It was," I replied. "I went out so fast though."

"You did okay. You know, I will try and get you home. For Flux." He stood up, flexing his repaired leg before leaving the trap area.