Chapter 30 - Private Sessions/Scores

JARRETT CANNERY'S P.O.V

My notebook and pen in hand, and a glass of champagne by my side, I am ready to assess the 24 tributes.

I called in our first tribute. Phoxus walked in, looking tired and angry. He grabbed a bunch of spears and started his session by throwing at targets. The spears cut through the air, a whistling noise surrounding the silent room.

The spears collided with the targets. Each one hit dead centre. He takes after his brother. I remember assessing his brother. Shadow got a 10. So far I'd give Phoxus an 8. He needs to do more.

He requested for 2 dummies. A dummy with a dagger attacked first. He used the butt end of his spear to knock his opponent to the floor. He then drove the spear through the dummy's heart.

The other dummy - one with a crossbow, charged towards Phoxus. Phoxus rolled on the floor, spear slicing the dummy's jaw. The dummy staggered back, clutching its neck and jaw. Phoxus threw the spear into the dummy, its head attaching to the wall behind it. Phoxus gets an 11 from me.

Grandis strolled in next, looking overconfident. Arrogance kills in the games. He introduced himself and walked over to the swords. He picked out a Shotel sword, which looks like a hook that a pirate would wear.

He requested for 3 dummies. They came out, all with swords of some sort, and tried to attacked him.

He sliced his sword through the first dummy's head, decapitating it.

He ducked, just as a sword was about to hit him. He swung at the dummy, but missed its chest. It hit his ankle. He grunted and cut off the arm of the dummy.

The last dummy charged towards him. Grandis kicked it in the gut and let out a loud cry as he stabbed the dummy in the lung. I'll give him a 9.

Sage was next, and looked slightly less confident than Grandis. He walked over to the bow and arrows and grabbed a white bow and a sheath of arrows.

He started firing at circular targets, hitting all of them, but not all of them were hitting dead centre.

He then requested for a dummy with a bow. Sage and this dummy were firing arrows at each other, ducking and dodging. An arrow pierced the dummy's leg. It keeled over onto the floor, clutching its thigh. Sage delivered an arrow to the head. I'll give him an 8.

Spiro waltzed in, eyeing the table full of shining daggers. He picked up a short and fat dagger known as a Pugio dagger. He requested for 3 dummies.

There was one with a bow, one with an axe and one with a trident. The one with the axe swung at Spiro. Spiro kicked the axe's handle, sending it flying into the dummy who was holding it.

The one with the bow fired an arrow. Spiro sliced his dagger through its neck and ripped out its artificial jugular.

The last one, with the trident, tried to spear Spiro. The spear lodged in the wall. Spiro used it to jump high. He launched himself off of the wood and into the air. He flew through the air, falling with the dagger pointed at the skull of the dummy. It went straight through the dummy's head. A 10 for Spiro.

Leporis walked in and grabbed one of the spears that Phoxus has thrown onto a target. He requested for 3 dummies.

A dummy with a crossbow fired and hit Leporis in the ankle. He isn't very agile. He threw the spear at the dummy, pinning it to the floor.

He pulled out the spear and rammed it into the dummy with a dagger. He yanked out the spear, but then he screamed.

A dummy's knife had pierced his back. He received an electric shock. Hard luck. He gets a 6.