Chapter 67 - The Interviews

PHILLIPE HONEYMAN'S P.O.V

I run my hands through my newly dyed hair. Red. Red like the blood of the tributes. Red like the floor after the bloodbath. Red like the wounds left by brutal fighting.

I'm instructed that the cameras will be rolling in a few seconds. I stand up, the sparkles of my suit twinkle onto the floor. I quickly swallow an anti-depressant as the light flicks on.

The music plays and I stroll forward, my stage confidence taking over. The confidence I've been using for years. The confidence that got this job.

The confidence ended up ruining my life.

"Hello Panem!" I yell; the citizens roar with excitement. They can't wait for the games to start. I can. "Now, we're here, live, with the interviews for Districts 4, 8 and 12. Our tributes have been paired up and the questions have been taken in. We start with District 4's vicious girls, Hazil and May!"

Hazil and May don't even dare to look at each other as they walk onto the stage. Hazil wears a long red dress whilst May wears a grey and black dress.

"Hey girls," I say, helping them into their seats.

"Hi Phillipe," May said, smiling. I can tell it's fake, but at least she's making an effort. Hazil just sits there, playing the cold act.

"I'm glad you aren't dressed as a fish today," I laugh. May scowls, but softens up soon after.

"Same," she replied. "I don't even like fish that much."

"Is there any seafood you do like?" I ask. "Personally, I like seaweed when it's wrapped around sushi."

"I've never had that," May exclaimed. "Will there be sushi at the party in a minute?"

"Maybe we could ask the cooks for some," I say. She pleads to the cameras.

I turn to Hazil. "Hey, sweetheart. Can you tell me a bit about your Career alliance?"

Hazil doesn't even look at me. "It's me, Libo, Cornelia, Tule and Trey. I'm in charge, so no one else get any ideas. I'm come home and you can't stop me."

"I'm not going to even try, you scare me," I laugh. Hopefully, Ranunculus is satisfied with my performance.

"Good," she snarls.

"Now, May," I say. "Your sister is a victor. Do you feel pressured to win?"

"Not really," she replied. "My sister and I aren't alike, other than our short tempers and loyalty to our district. I don't feel pressured, but I feel like a target. I already know a few people who want to kill me."

"I don't want to kill you May," I said. "Is there anyone you, or Hazil, want to kill? And what's your alliance plan?"

"I'll kill everyone if I have to," Hazil spat.

"I don't have any targets in particular, but I will kill anyone who tries to hurt me. I'm not in an alliance, but maybe something will happen during the games."

I thank the two of them. May shakes my hand, whereas Hazil just sulks and runs off of the stage. Maybe she hates attention? Or the Capitol? She certainly can't hate the games, she was the first volunteer!

"Next up with have two of our Careers, Tule and Trey!"

The two spear wielders walk out, kitted out in tuxedos: Tule's is blue and Trey's is black.

"Hey guys," I say, shaking their hands. Tule shakes it back with no hesitation, where as Trey is more reluctant. Cautious that I will stab him, he sits as far away as possible. Tule takes the limelight and immediately starts up a conversation.