Chapter 42 - The Capitol

YASMIN HODGE'S P.O.V

I stepped off of the train, Shauna by my side. She doesn't seem to happy about being with Billee and Theta. I don't mind.

The sight of the Capitol was like stepping onto a rainbow. Name were being chanted - mainly names of the older, stronger tributes.

We all started to walk, being escorted by Peacekeepers. I say escorted, the way we're being taken there is more...dragged.

"Yasmin!" I heard a citizen scream. Maybe I have slight popularity.

"Hello," I yell back in the direction of the voice. I see a blue skinned lady waving at me, her magenta afro bouncing with excitement.

"No fair," Shauna moaned. "No one is yelling my name. What makes you popular?"

I shrug. "I have no idea. That's the only fan I've had so far."

She sped up, trying to get away from me.

Is she jealous? Is that her problem?

I tried to walk along side her again, but she turned away when another citizen yelled at me, trying to grab my attention.

"What's up with her?"

I turned to my left to see Theta and Billee, confused.

"I think she's jealous because two people screamed my name," I reply.

"What?" Theta sounded annoyed at Shauna.

"You heard me," I laugh.

"Wait until she sees how many screams Arlu is getting," Billee said quietly, giggling slightly.

I looked over to the ash blond boy, walking as if no one was screaming at him. He and Auricula waved to people, but it was obvious they hated the attention.

The mood between the tributes was cold. Even Briar and Indigo shied away from the Capitol.

Something is different. I can see it. Something happened during the last games that has set off a spark.

I looked at Persei and Skene. They glared at the citizens.

I looked over at Ogilby on his crutches. He was avoiding eye contact with the Capitol people.

I glanced at Vanity, who was cradling her fingers and talking to Otillie. They ignored the rest of Panem, in their own little world.

Orchid and Wyatt walked silently, heads down.

I don't know what is wrong, but something isn't right. I'm not sure if it's to do with the number of disabled people in this years games or if it's about the amount of tributes or siblings or...

The Remake building is in sight. Great.

"Time to be stripped of all our hair," Theta groaned.

"Not for the boys," Billee said.

"You sure about that?" A Peacekeeper asked.

Billee's mouth dropped open. "I'm being waxed too?"

The Peacekeeper shoved him inside the building. Billee's ankle twisted, sending him to the floor. "Get inside, jerk."

Something really is different.

FLUX VIPOINTE'S P.O.V

I sat on the white bed, getting pretty fed up with the countless amount of times the stupid prep team poked me with their sharp fingernails.

One of the females cut me with their nail, blood dripping slowly down my bicep. "For god's sake," I mutter.

"Lay down," one of the men instructed.