Part 47

Opening the door to her brother, Anjali was surprised to see an all cheerful and happy Arnav. "Chote, I did not expect you to come this soon, all ok"

"Di, all fine, something's just come up in the office and I have to go. By the way, get ready Di and ask the others as well, we need to go to Gupta house" Arnav told her, while getting ready to go to office.

"Chote you have just come, sit down, we can't all simply go unannounced. Relax, and let us talk. I will call them and tell", Anjali spoke trying to calm him, but he was already out of the door, shouting, "Di, I have already told them to expect us. So get ready, I will finish my meeting and be back soon."

Anjali blinked her eyes, "What was happening?", He came, gave orders, and gone?? Yet cheerfully she marched to Nani's room to convey his orders. Nani commented, "This boy is just unpredictable"

*************************************

Shashi's reply was in deed shocking to Arnav, "Devyani ji, we all know how things have been with Khushi, so I cannot give you my consent straight away"

Sitting at Gupta house, Devyani came straight to the point. While Garima and Buaji were happy with the proposal, Shashi's reply did leave them bewildered as well.

Shashi spoke clearing their doubts, "I cannot say yes until I have spoken to her"

Arnav, never to shy away, not now with matters concerning Khushi, immediately spoke, "Why Khushi said she would simply listen to her Babuji, then what's the problem?" gaining giggles from the rest of the family.

Nani consoled her grandson, "Chote, have some patience. Let him speak to her first", before she could continue, Arnav told, "Ok, ok, let me call her.."

Anjali just put her hand on her head, "Oh oh Chote, this impatient?"

Arnav replied, "Well Di, you were the one who was forcing me, and now you are saying this?"

Shashi was rather amused with his restlessness and agreed to speak to her.

Surprised it was Arnav, Khushi casually conversed, "Arnav ji, all ok? Did your meeting go well?"

Not bothered to talk anything useless, Arnav coming straight to the point, "Khushi, your Babuji wants to speak to you"

Before she could ask "Why? What?" he had already handed over the phone.

Taking the phone to his room, Shashi spoke at length to his little daughter (oooo no more little now). Knowing ASR, he wanted to make sure his daughter was not being forced into this. However, his conversation with Kushal was enough to convince him it was not the case. Kushal moved out of Khushi's hearing to speak to him. The long conversation that followed between Kushal and Shashi did leave Khushi and Arnav at surprise with the thought "What is there to speak so much about?"

Shashi was very impressed with the overly concern he had shown to Khushi with regards to her security in Lucknow, and was surprised about his visits in London.

The rest of the family watched Arnav's show with delighted shock. How could this boy who was even refusing to get married be so eager now? All gave a sigh of relief when Shashi returned.

Addressing Nani, he spoke, "Devyani ji, I am happy to accept you proposal" immediately all faces turned to Arnav who had just loudly sighed. However, not bothered with their stares, he looked intently at Shashi to continue.

"She has agreed for the proposal. I have spoken to Kushal as well, he is also very happy with this." Shashi paused to see everyone. Continuing he remarked, "When I had previously spoken to her about the wedding, she had told me she would want to finish her course before the wedding, so I will speak to her about when we can fix the wedding."