Part 7

And finally the D Day arrived and everyone in Lakshminagars residence was witness to the sankiness of sanka devi..Jumping, running, hopping and flying about the house from one room to the other, 

 "Jiji jaldi karo, kaam pe jaana hai!!! Hey Devi maiyya, humme us raakshas se mat milayiye, hum aapko 1 kilo jilebi prasaad mein denge, (Jiji hurry up, we need to go to work. Hey DM, let me not meet the demon, I will give you 1 kilo of jilebi)

Buaji trying to tighten the cloth around her head, "Hai re Nandkishore, kaun sambhal sakta is titaliya ko. Hamari tho jaan abhi bhi bacha hai, yahi aatva ajooba hai

(Hai NK, WHo can control this butterfly, It is the eigth wonder I'm still alive)

"Jiji hum pehle Devi maiyya ke mandir hoke baad mein AR chalenge.. (jiji, lets go to DM temple before going to AR)"Jiji humara khana pack karo,.. jaate wakt raste mein hum channe bhi khareedenge... (Jiji pack our lunches, we will buy some channa on the way)

A fed up Payal finally sighed,.. "Khushi khushi shaant ho jao. Abhi bahut wakt hai.. (Khushi, khushi, calm down, theres still plenty of time)

"Waise jiji, hum aapko batana bhool gaye, pichle hafte jab hum AR gaye tho lagta hai Shyam ji ko dekha tha aur woh bhi car mein?."(By the way jij, I forgot to mention, last time I think I saw Shyamji ar AR and that too in a car) 

Payal was intrigued, "Kaise ho sakta hai Khushi, woh tho dilli se bahar tha na us wakt? Aur jab woh do din ke liye aaye the tho tab kyon nahin poocha?? (How is it possible, he was out of dilli, and why didn't u ask when he was here)"Jiji, us wakt hum donon ko itna kaam tha, aur shyamji tho amma babuji ke saath baat karne mein hi lage the, aur hum bhool gaye!! Ab chalo chalo na jiji nahi tho woh Rakshas humme nahi chodenge..

(Jiji we were so busy then and he was busy with amma and babuji all the time, I forgot. Now common hurry up, else that rakshas will not leave us)

After a quick hello to Devi maiyya, both sisters made their way to AR way before time only to be met with the famous ASR. Striding slowly towards Khushi, fisting his hands, breathing inches away from her face "Khushi Kumari Gupta, welcome to AR., Khushi gulped in fear, shut her eyes feeling his heated breath. 

Whispering only to her ears, "ye mat samajna itne bade office mein kaam karne se apni aukaat aur apni aisiyat bad jaayegi" (dont think ur status will go up by working in this big office). Khushis shocked eyes shot open and gave him a pained look.

Payal gasped looking at them. However the door opened and they were saved with Anjali and Akash entering. Soon to realise, Anjali called to diffuse the tension, "Khushi ji aur Payal ji, aaiye humare saath, hum aapko dikhate hai kahan kaam karna hai. (Khushi , Payal come with me, let me show u where things r) Anjali gave a stern stare at her brother who briskly walked away with an air of "Di you cant save her every time!!
Both sisters were pleasantly surprised with the setup of the new Lucknowi unit. The extra conference room had been renovated to help the sisters for their work and Anjali had her cabin setup for looking into the business aspects of the project, though Akash was overlooking most of the work, with of course, under the supervision of the great ASR. No new workers were appointed for the project initially, with plans to employ more in future, after seeing the progress. Showing their desks, Anjali explained to them about using the computer for emails, procurement of materials, keeping accounts and they had to learn about making designs/patterns using computers. Though their work was mostly hands on, Anjali wanted to approach business in a modern way. 

Being new to all this, the two sisters could only gape with awe which also showed some insecurity if they would be able to understand and keep up to the standards. Being together however gave them enough strength to face the outside world.

And ASR did not like his sister in the office at all!! How can he shout at his employees especially Aman, what if Lavanya is acting inappropriately in my cabin. Oh I have to make sure either Di is at home, or make di's cabin sound proof with boarded walls!! Aaar, first time he felt like pulling his neatly gelled hair!!! "Yeh sab us kadki ki waja se ho raha hai. Yeh sab us kadki ki waja se ho raha hai. Mujhe hi yahan se jaana hai,.. (This is all because of her, This is all because of her, I need to go from here)
Unable to show his frustration, quickly dialling a number, "Lavanya tum mere saat meeting mein aa rahe ho, abhi next 5 min mein ready ho jao. Mehtas ke wahan jana hai. (La, u r coming with me to Mehtas for a meeting, get ready in 5 min)

Lavanya refused saying "Lekin ASR, Anjali di ne mujhe bulaya hai.. (But ASR di has called me)., only to be cut off, "LAVANYA, tum kiskeliye kaam kar rahe ho.. Waisi bhi us project ki wajah se kitna kaam pending reh gaya hai, tum abhi ke abhi chalo. (LAVANYA, whom do u work for, as it is that project has delayed so many other projects, leave right now) Not wanting to get into any more trouble, Lavanya soon trotted away.

With ASR away, the office was a pleasant place to work. Akash and Anjali got the two sisters up to date with the developments of the project. Lunch was a quiet affair being their first day getting to know the other people around, though Khushi was no new to them and all eyed her with a bit of jealousy and suspicion at her current position! Manju aunty who had always supported Khushi was ever so glad to see her back.