Part 32

Thank you all for all the comments,..

Thanks for waiting patiently, now, I am back, ...

Here is 

Chapter 32

Arnav went over to Khushi and whispered, "Well I did not want to keep the prakash brothers too happy!!". Khushi turned sharp to see him giving her a smile and walking away to his room.

Did she just see him smile? Khushi could not believe her eyes. Laad governor and smile!! Her knees went jelly and butterflies fluttered in her tummy!! And not to mention, her chronic acidity problem!! Oh who could understand her problems. Hey Devi Maiyya, what is happening to me, she whined..

Did that man just flirt with my daughter, Shashi gaped at Arnav.. wo wo wo what is happening, we'd better make a move before my nadaan (naive/innocent) daughter can fall into his trap.. thinking so, made his way to Nani to say their good byes..

Another set of eyes watched the exchange. Wise Aman, who had to come!! Well he knew the results weren't good if neither his boss nor his sister were unhappy. Though he had sincerely tried to convince his mom and his sister, they had outright refused, not knowing the family very well, quoting "We don't even know anybody in their house, We will come next time"..

Did he just see his boss smile.. this didn't happen often, well actually it had never happened at all. He had seen the angry ASR, oh that was how he was always, he had seen the happiness in ASR, when he won a deal, he had also seen ASR content when something made his family happy, but a flirty ASR, well, well, well. ASR openly flirting around with Khushi?? This was a bit too much.. Well, it was good he had set up the meeting in London, it would be a fun journey. Wish I could accompany as well, he thought.

And another pair of eyes watched as well..

All the rituals were done, Shashi did not want to unnecessarily spend more time, what with the boys flirting around.. Oh oh, he did not want to invite any trouble.. Didn't they have a bit too much on their plates already. When all were sat talking not so important matters and relaxing,. Shashi addressed to nani, "Well, we need to get going now, the pooja was conducted very well,."

"Why such a hurry, the children are enjoying, let them enjoy for some more time" Nani tried to express her sadness. She wanted the family to spend some more time. It was not often they visited each other. Her keen eyes were old, but still it did not miss the real chote who comes out when only Khushi bitiya is around.. be it literally for the prayer or his childish nature trying to pull her leg.. oh how handsome he looked, she thought. Just like his granddad..

After the recent experiences Shashi was wary of the getting associated to the people of 'high society'. "Devyani ji, there are quite a few things that need to be sorted. Kushal wants Khushi to go London for the New year, so I need to sort that out. I am not sure if I want to send her all alone. "

Mmmmm, now it dawned on Nani why Arnav had mentioned about his London trip. Has her grandson resorted to plotting now? Plotting to be around Khushi bitiya? Little did she know there was another hand involved in this and poor Arnav had not even given it a thought. Aman had cleverly set up a meeting, and so ASR had casually mentioned at dinner time the previous day,. And so Nani did offer to help Shashi in this matter, "Why should she go alone, Chote has a meeting coming up so she can go with him? Why Chote, only yesterday you mentioned didn't you?"

"What?" echoed both Shashi and Khushi. In fact, even Arnav was surprised by this sudden responsibility, not that he didn't want to.. Nani continued, "Well, if you are worried she will be alone, Arnav can always help, why chote," she asked giving an innocent look at ASR.

"Yes Nani, sure, why Khushi are you scared to come with me?" ASR asked with innocence matching that of his Nani and smirking at Khushi.

"Why, what makes you think I am scared of you? No I am not. I don't want to go with you. Whole journey you will be shouting at me. I will not go at all, but I will not go with you", khushi defended, again forgetting she let her tongue loose in front of the whole family.

"What the,..fine then, even I don't want to go with you" Arnav started,

"Yes that's good, Otherwise, I will have to make coffee for you in the flight,.." Khushi started her antics in a dramatic way, but

Shashi had to step in before things spiralled. Giving a stern look at Khushi, "Khushi.." he said and khushi went quiet immediately, as if she had been muted. Looking at Nani, "No Devyani ji, I am not worried so much about that, I am sure she will manage (Saying nervously, though he had his own doubts) but what will she do all alone when she is there. 10 days she will get bored in that place, not knowing anybody. If he is working then Kushal will be busy as well. "

Thanking for their hospitality, Shashi said, " thanking you very much for calling us for this sacred function, we will take leave now, I have to prepare to go to Lucknow also tomorrow to meet one of my friend. There is an alliance for Payal, so I was planning on meeting the family just to know about the boy."

"What" this time it was Nani and Anjali who echoed, looking at Akash who stood shocked.

Buaji had to butt in.. Addressing Shashi, "Hey babua, make sure the party is correct. We have had enough troubles till now. Don't make any mistakes like me. " then pausing for a while, "Look if they have two brothers, because my sanka devi does not want to leave my Payaliya even after marriage!!" she said pinching Khushis cheeks, leaving them red as a tomato,.. "Buaji,.." Khushi whispered being embarrassed..

Akash was saddened to see Payal not showing any emotion. Payal stood looking down, paying extra attention to her toes which seemed to have started making extraordinarily beautiful patterns and designs on the floor..

Shashi continued, "Well, nothing is finalised Devyani ji. I thought I will first go and have a feel of the family before we can have any further talks"

Sudden crisis called for immediate measures to be taken. Akash had to think fast. What if her Babuji like the family? What if the boy was better than him? Often along with blindness, low self esteem drives us when it comes to matters of the heart.. Hence the craze to go to any extent to win over the others heart. But not all are fortunate enough to find such a yearning from both hearts involved. And so, Payal was not very surprised when she received a text late at night. "Payal ji, please can we meet for lunch tomorrow? It is very urgent"..

"Ok", is all she replied, she couldn't refuse if it is urgent, can she.

Thats it for now??

Next update,...

And another pair of eyes watched as well..

Who do you think it might be?