Part 44

"I want a heavy breakfast today, then we will go home.. Lets go to a nice restaurant before we go" Khushi insisted, but was cut off by Kushal, "You are not going to any of your restaurants. They are not good for you now,.. oily food. You need something healthy. Lets eat from the hospital canteen, which is far better, then I will make proper food for you at home"

Khushi pouted, but no one listened...

Kushal spoke softly, "chutki, get well soon, when your bandage is gone, I will take you to the best one. Look at your bandage, the wound is still raw. What will everyone say, your brother is not looking after you. You know I got so scared when I saw you. I was surprised when ASR called and started firing questions one by one... if he hadn't called, you would have been there till morning, or woken up when you gained conscious.. Did he say anything? Why did you faint?"

Overcome with emotions, Khushi just nodded negatively, cause she knew if she opened her mouth, she might break down..

******************************************************************

It was the half an hour wait before Kushal called that had taken the life out of him, not knowing what was happening with Khushi. He felt like a stranded fish gasping out for breath. Anything could have happened. Arnav knew something had happened to her but what? In distress all bad thoughts clouded his mind. As his normal behaviour, he wanted to run away, go on a drive, but situation being he did not want to leave home, in case the call came home or to Payal.

Payal and Akash expressed their shock by looking at Nani and Anjali blankly. The wise lady only gestured to have patience and they can talk..

He recalled, "You are not writing your own destiny, but Devi maiyya is holding your hands and writing, and the day when you realise it, I may not be there"

"Khushi" he whispered, he felt a lump in his throat unable to breathe. What if something serious has happened..

One thing he was sure of now. He was not prepared to lose her. The thought too made his heart go heavy.

Kushal's call was in deed a great big relief saying nothing was of concern. A chill ran down his spine, imagining Khushi lying on the floor with blood. How can his Khushi, yes his Khushi be in pain..? The trouble was he couldn't even bully Kushal to call him, like he did to you know who, he had no right, Gosh, he had no right to even know how Khushi is, let alone claim her as his. Eventually he asked, what is he waiting for? And for how long would he deny himself. Even if it is Lucknow he has to go to get her, so be it. Isn't that where everything began.. He couldn't wait to see her..

Reaching Lucknow in his private chopper, early hours in the morning, Arnav waited till it was reasonable time to make calls and talk. Poor Aman had a tough time arranging for travel and stay in Lucknow at that time of the day.. Though part of Sheesh Mahal was still left for their residence, Aman had to make sure it was all spic and span before his boss reached.

Once home, Khushi was not allowed to move about, though she felt perfectly well to do all her stuff. Kushal would have kept a vigil on her if not for the urgent call from office, which he had plainly refused, but having overheard the call Khushi insisted him to go to office, as she was ok to look after herself.

"Khushi do you need anything from the stores??"

"Aaah yeah I want one kilo of jilebis will do.."

"You know you will not get that. Ok, take care, I will be quick. Back soon. Stay down in your make shift bed on the sofa, all the food is ready, don't do anything, you need to sleep, eat if you are hungry!!!"