Part 10

Without any further argument, Arnav obeyed and soon reached Gupta house. He was not confident in letting Khushi alone, hence accompanied her to the door and knocked to hear what sounded just like his jijajis voice, "Buaji aap baitiye, hum dekhte hai (Buaji, you sit down, let me see)

Before Shyam could get up, Payal whizzed across the living room saying, "Shyam ji hum dekhte hai, Lagta hai Khushi aa gayi (Shyam ji let me see, I think Khushi has come).

The door opened and ASR was surprised to see Payal. She only said, "Shukriya Khushi ko lane ke liye (Thanks for bringing Khushi)"  and did not bother inviting him. Neither the rest at home were interested as they were worried. Shyam sighed praying to his Gods!!

An unhappy Anjali interrogated ASR as soon as he reached RM . "Di, aapko chinta karne ki koi zaroorat nahi, main usse darvaze tak chod ke aaya, (Di you dont have to worry, I left her till her door!!.

 "Sachi Chote, tum unke ghar vaalon se mile (really chote did you meet her family)

"Di aapko us ladki ki itna chinta nahi karna chahiye, aapko jijaji ke baare mein sochna chaahiye. Waise Jijaji ghar pe hai? (Di you should not think of that girl so much, you need to think of your husband. By the way is he at home?), 

 "Nahi chote, client visit ke liye gaye hai (No chote, he has gone on a client visit)

Maami had to interrupt "hello hai dont knows Arnav bitwa, jab dekho client bisit, kya client bisit, tum bhi itna beesy naahi ho. Aaj Kamlesh kabri bhi bol raha tha bhavishya vani mein, kahin kuch gadbad, hello hai bye bye Anjali bitiya (Hello hai, dont knows Arnav, he is always on client visit, what is this client visit, even you are not that busy, even kamlesh khabri on tv was mentioning, is there anything fishy, hello hai bye bye Anjali).

Without giving it much thought, Arnav strode off. Alone in his room, Arnav was deep in thoughts. Why couldn't I take my eyes off her, and and and her lips. Why was she quivering her lips. For once he was not angry at her for invading his thoughts and enjoyed the moments. Then got worried about how Khushi behaved. "Kya hua? Kuch tho hai, kya badbada rahi thi woh, mamma, baba,.. (What happened?, There is more to it, what was she mumbling? Mamma baba).

Khushi was no less affected, answering everybody's questions she retired saying she was too tired and had to go to work next day as well. Images of Arnav fixing her seat belt, his closeness, his chocolate brown eyes kept running in her mind. Then she thought of her parents accident , her mumblings,.. her mind was a mess and soon dozed off.

If nothing, a quite Khushi was more worrying to all at the Gupta house. "Pehla din hi aisa tha, Devi maiyya jaane jaane aage kya hoga (imagine first day was like this, Devi Maiyya knows what will happen next).. mumbled Garima.

Buaji whispered to them "main kehti hoo, inki shaadi kar denge, ek acha ladka hai (I tell you, let us get her married, there is a nice boy and she went into details of explaining to both Garima and Shashi about Shyam. Garima only said "Lekin payaliya, shashi said, "bitiya se baat karenge (Let us talk to Khushi)

Next morning, Payal was faking anger at Khushi for not keeping her informed. They reached the office early, Khushi tried to pacify Payal by doing all her nakras in their new project room,..

 "Jiji, itna chinta kyon, aapko pata tha na hum ASR Sir ke saath hai (Jiji why worry so much, you know I was with ASR sir)

"Jiji, zara socho, ASR sir ka bas chale tho, woh hamare shadi ke din bhi kahenge (Just imagine Jiji, if ASR has is way, even on our wedding day he would be saying ) Standing on her chair tall, pointing her finger at payal and looking straight in her eye, speaking in ASR tone 

"Khushi kumaari Gupta, Payal Kumaari gupta. Jab tak tum dono in 10000 saadiyon mein kaam khatam nahi karoge, ghar nahi jaayenge, AUR, shaadi bhi nahi hoga (KKG, PKG, you both have finished work on these 10000 saaries, don't go home, AND no wedding either)

Making the most adorable puppy face khushi continued "Aur bechaare humare Raaj kumaar bahar baite baite thak chuke honge. Aur kahenge, payal ji, khushiji muhoorth ka samay jaa raha hai (And our poor raaj kumaars will be tired waiting outside and say khushi ji payal ji the auspicious time is finishing)

Payal soon started laughing and said "Khushi tu bhi na, pagli, chalo chalo kaam shuru karo (Khushi, you are too much,..silly, common now start work). 

Both were unaware they had an amused audience in Anjali, Akash and ASR. Too engrossed in her drama, she did not feel his presence either. The brothers had come to drop Di to her cabin only to witness Khushi's drama. Akash and Anjali were trying hard not to giggle loud.

The air in the room suddenly became tensed. Payal quickly went to Anjali and appealed through her eyes. 

Though amused himself, ASR seething in anger, walked slowly to Khushi who hesitatingly got down her chair, clutching and fiddling her dupatta started walking back. He whispered mockingly "Raj kumar eh. Kahan hai?? (Raaj kumaar is it? Where is he) Khushi gulped closing her eyes, then pointing to the door she stammered, " woh woh ba ba bahar Sir!! " (he he o o out Sir!!) . 

Giving her a faint smile, looking at how scared she was, he turned seriously to his di, "Di aap inhe yahan drama karne ke liye rakha hai ya kaam (Di have you got them here for work or drama?) walked out with a slight smile on his face which did not go unnoticed by his di!! Khushi's heart started Dhak dhak. She closed her eyes, her hand reached her heart automatically.

Both sisters apologised and got back to work when Anjali received a call 

"Di, khushi ko mere cabin mein bhejo (Di send khushi to my cabin)"

"Chote please. Inhone maafi maanga (Chote, please. she has apologised),

 "Di just send her."

.That's it for now,..