Part 42

Now almost everyone had started to get bored.. Buaji as usual was chatting all the way. But the journey to Lucknow was unusually quiet for Khushi, who pretending to sleep through it and far away from all the talks..

Buaji remarked, "aey sanka devi, you must be happy, you are getting back to your old life now!! Hey re nandkishore, hope everything will be alright now, with Kushal also there I hope there won't be any problems"

Thinking of the conversation he had had with ASR, Kushal reassured them, " Buaji you don't worry, everything has been taken care of"

Flashback

"No, you can't do that, I don't want any security for her" This was the probably the 100th time Kushal was refusing the offer. Getting frustrated with his insistent behaviour, "ASR I told you I am there to look after her.."

Something in him was not letting him go. ASR spoke again but more politely, "Kushal, I am sorry for what I have done. But it is the matter of Khushi, and my previous actions have caused great havoc in her life. Please let me do this, well may be at least in the beginning few weeks, then we can see how things go.."

Finally Kushal gave up "OK then, but I am really not so keen on somebody following her all the time"

"Kushal neither am I too keen for it, so let's see if everything is safe, then we can see.. By the way these are top security people I am employing.." ASR tried to reassure,

"Give me their details. Let me take talk to them and " before Kushal could continue, ASR inturrupted "Kushal please, let me do this. Please "

After agreeing to have security guards to ensure Khushi's safety in Lucknow, ASR spoke "Kushal thanks for agreeing, because I would have still gone ahead and done it. You don't know her " Arnav's mind was far away now in a reverie, "she is a walking menace. Either she is walking into trouble or she is already in some trouble. But she is very innocent, very innocent ..and c "

Realising he was about to say cute, he shook his head, saying, "I would have probably done it even without asking, but that would mean intruding into her privacy which is why I wanted to keep you in the loop. Honestly, just for a few weeks, then we can take them off"

"You cheek, you pleaded, apologised, and now you are saying this!! But you know she will not agree if she comes to know about it..." Kushal remarked..

"You bet, and especially if I were to tell her.., she " ASR replied.. thinking of all the times she had said, "I can do it, I don't need your help..."

Suddenly, ASR remarked, "Your sister is quiet feisty Kushal. Honestly, she has given me a tough time" Only after the words had come out did he realise what he was speaking.. Wonder what came over me!! He thought

Flashback End

Unaware of her niece closing her eyes, Buaji kept talking. However streams of tears flowing down his sisters eyes while she was asleep did not go unnoticed raising his concerns, "Was there something that was bothering my little choti, does she not want to leave Delhi?".. He tried to connect the dots...

His thoughts went back to ASR.. He recalled ASR's constant visits while Khushi was in London. Never in his life had Kushal seen this soft, polite ASR. Apologising and pleading for Khushi's safety. Is this really ASR, he thought. Is there anything more to it? But again he is guilty of his actions, hence the concern.. But then what about all the remarks he made of Khushi??

Khushi pretended to be asleep. Images of Arnav standing aside, with his arms crossed across his chest and watching her say bye to all her friends kept running in her head. She could still hear his husky whisper "Khushi, take care..... please" when she had said "namaste" to him. His voice was soft, almost fragile, as if it would break any minute, just like her heart. Perhaps her heart was already broken..