Part 34

Khushi sat staring at him with glistened eyes, tears pooling in her eyes. The dam would be broken any moment. She felt disgusted to even defend her family if this man thought like this.. Without any further talk, she guided him to Kedars house, as if nothing had happened..

ASR was more angry at himself. One he knew he had let his tongue loose, two, she was not shouting at him and behaved as if nothing ever happened, and last but not the least, he was once again the reason for her tears. He could not bear to see her face.

Once they reached Kedars house, Khushi went rushing in to bring Payal out. All were surprised to find Khushi at that hour in the night, not to say Payal was too. It was for the good Shashi had gone out with Kedar leaving Payal at his house, to the hospital to see his Kedar's aged mum else he would have not been happy to see Khushi with ASR, and that too with her eyes red.

When Payal was out in his SUV, ASR snarled, "What has happened to my brother, he is not receiving any calls, he has not returned home, the last we heard was he went out for lunch with you"

Even though Payal was really really really angry at his behaviour and was reminded of Khushi missing on the night of the guest house incident, she closed her eyes to collect herself and replied calmly, "Sir, We met for a lunch meeting at ABC's cafe but had to end the meeting abruptly for various reasons, and I returned to the office immediately. I do not know where he went after that"

"Then why has he not called anyone or not picked up any calls, Why did meeting end abruptly, what happened?" ASR was basically shouting at Payal. Khushi was biting her teeth not to shout at him and stood listening to his outbursts. 

However Payal was cool by now and replied more calmly irritating him even further, "Sir, if he is not picking any calls or making any calls, there must be some reason, the most obvious being no charge or no network. If this matter is so concerning, let us go to the police as I have no clue where he is. However, your brother is a grown man, and I trust him to be sensible enough,..", giving him a stern look, she continued, "If you are done, you can leave Khushi here and go we will return"

ASR was very very angry by now. This girl was showing him the door!! And for the second time, and she did it so gracefully, he could not even shout at her.. (The first time was when he had got an unconscious Khushi home from the guest house)

Before he could answer her, at that very moment, he received a call from his dear sister. When he was done with the call, he looked at them sheepishly, "Akash is at home now, come I will drop you both home"

"No", both the sisters echoed, but ASR was not less. "Look I understand, I had to get Khushi suddenly at this time of the night, let me drop you both", both were going to refuse, but being practical, thinking it is not possible for both to stay in Kedars house, they made their way to Gupta house only after Payal had confirmed with her Babuji. Need I say not a single word was spoken on the way? Though Payal was eager to know if Akash was alright, she knew better to keep her mouth shut..

Thus began the game of hide and seek again for Khushi and ASR in the office. Why had ASR said all those things about her jiji? And what right did he have to talk like that to anybody? She was very cross, really angry with him and did not want to face him unnecessarily. Well she was a pro in this game, and she had played very well,.. But this time she couldn't get away from the project meeting with all the team members.