Chapter 13: Its true this time I promise.

The townspeople

Get cucked.

Jk.
---
The townspeople stared with disbelief and fear, among many other things, in their eyes.

A man, probably the chief, spoke up.

" You... W-who are you, sir? "

" I saw this village being attacked and came to save you. Now you are all safe. I want you to be at ease. "

Sighs of relief echoed through the crowd, but their fear of the masked man did not yet leave.

Momonga stared, confused. He stared, and they stared, and he stared, and they stared back.

The tense atmosphere grew denser every second that passed until a terrifying roar bellowed from the forest.

" What the fucking shit! "

A figure fell from a tree, landing face first into the ground.

The tension quickly dissipated as a hulking man with a red mask slowly limped his way besides the masked stranger.

A red mask with a long nose.

👺

" Our protection is yours, for a price "

The armored man coughed as he crossed his arms.

A sigh of relief escaped the lips of the villagers. The village soon became quiet, and the people have returned to their homes, happy with the protection they had presumably bought from the strangers.

---

Ryuo followed the village chief enter his house before Momonga stopped him.

" Where were you? I had to speak to people, do you know how hard it is? "

Ryuo shrugged, his armor clicking as his shoulder raised.

" I ain't a fuckin loser if that's what you're asking. I have, well had, a life outside the game too. "

" You fuckin crackhead "

Ryuo raises a finger in protest.

" I always wanted to be a pothead, actually "

Ryuo whispered, before continuing to the chief's hut.

" You better erase the kid's memories, if you can. Now go. I'll talk to people, you useless NEET. "

---

' We asked for money to put the village in ease, but what we truly wanted was information. '

That's what Momonga assumed Ryuo was planning with the approach.

---

' If I ask Sous Chef to make me a cream of mushroom soup, would he be offended? '

' I ate a soul, right? But it didn't taste like anything. I bet dick doesn't taste like anything '

Ryuo leaned against an arm, thinking as he bickered with the villagers.

' Bickered ' as in he sat in the middle of the village, and after affirming his presence as friendly to the village children proceeded to get flower crown upon flower crown placed upon his head.

A mild distraction to the horrifying reality of their current situation.

---

It was late afternoon, judging from the setting sun on the horizon. Ryuo and Momonga stood near the woods, sharing what they have gathered from the village.

" First, the money from Yggdrasil doesn't work in this world "

Momonga raised a finger as he explained.

" The gold has worth, but it might be dangerous to use from now on. Next, I asked about the kingdom around us. The village, Carne Vi- "

Unseen by Momonga as he continued, Ryuo's head tipped and mild snoring escaped his mouth.

---

Hey guys! I know you guys don't read my ANs. I know it in my guts!

But if you do read my ANs, I have three questions for you.

1. Who should replace Gazef when he teleports out of there? Momonga? Ryuo? Or both of them?

2. I recently discovered that my quality has degraded quite a lot. Chapter 1 vs Chapter 12 has a big gap if you notice. My plan was to write seriously, as their humanity degrades as you can see. But the problem is, when? When would they be completely devoid of emotion?

Also, the writing will shift from just dumb shit to something more serious when that happens, cause you can't make jokes when you're a full-fledged demon.

3. Give me a name for a female Ryuo. I was thinking of Irya but I'm not good with names, as you can obviously tell the name I gave him.

Thanks if you reached this far.

*Got an Overlord fic you want to give light? Hit me up and I'll put it on the reading list along with the others.

Also, I think Clementine is hot. Like, she makes me uncomfortable both up here and down under hot.

Like, I want her to want Ryuo, hot. Like, she would look good as a mind broken slave, hot.

Also mfw a prank gets more views than content. 🤔🤔🤔