Shorts : Captured

He smiled as he slid the cover of the door open. He scanned the opening of the cell, his eyes focusing at the prisoner that it houses.

The cell was bleached white and its walls padded with protective cloth; the pads enchanted with various spells. The cell was wide enough to house five inmates comfortably, but only one occupies the room. It contained the basic necessities one would require, such as a bed and a small latrine. Though those two won't be seeing much use due to the "inmate"'s unique characteristics.

He frowns as he inspects the room. The walls, although protected with almost every spell, still suffered extensive damage. The bed, a simple mattress, lie torn to shreds on the ground, it's filling spread across the room.

The prisoner itself wore a terrifying set of armor, though damaged with countless scratches, tears, and cracks as if the wearer tried to forcefully remove it from its person. Large dents bent the metal in various places, and  A cape hung at its back, the emblem faded from the constant use and the fabric barely holding itself together. A shield, or what remains of a shield, leans against the wall. A greatsword rests on the floor, its blade chipped and cracked, barely holding onto its hilt.

He stared at the demon as it sat, its head facing the ground. Its knuckles were bleeding, a small puddle pooling at the ground. It breathes slowly, taking deep breaths everytime it inhales.

He slammed the door to catch its attention, and it raises its head to face him. Its eyes focused on the man, burning with fury. Its hands, even with its injuries, forms fists, its knuckles pink from the pressure and the blood flowing with renewed vigor.

" What. Do. You. Want? "

It growled at him, its breath labored, as if it struggled to form words.

He smiled, enjoying its pain.

" Did you enjoy that boxing section you had? Its the first time I've seen you lose. And it's to a door? "

He reeled his head back as he laughed, his hands on his stomach as he tried to control his guffaws. He laughed for a good minute, dangerously approaching a cackle. He saved face and instead ended chuckling to himself.

" Kill. Yourself. "

It growled at him once more, and he sneered back.

" Who knew that one of the strongest members of Nazarick, the one who could go toe to toe with Rubredo, the one who could defeat the world hero Touch Me, would be defeated by such a lowly puppeteer? "

A shout escaped the lips of the demon, slowly stumbling as it made its way to the door. It struggled with each step, hidden wounds reopening; a river of blood following his footsteps.

He smiled as the demon heaved with each step it took. Being a victor had its merits, after all.

It stared back at him behind the door, its eyes burning with fresh ferocity.

" We were. Friends. Why? "

He frowned.

" We were never friends "

---

There you go!

Sorry for the delayed upload, and sorry for not continuing the story in this one.

Not sorry for cucking you all.

Have a freebie that comes when I eventually feel bad for not uploading but not that bad to actually continue with plot.

Also the story, save for this AN, is exactly about 500 words-ish. And so will all the Shorts that come after this.

*But RyuoHoshiko, is it canon or not?

Fuck you. Take a guess.