Chapter 29: Technology Sucks

Evangeline POV:

I stared in shock at Kol’s body for a few moments as I debated ways Damon won that fight. “Kat, I’m going to talk to him.” I notified and there was a humming noise in response.

I easily hoisted myself over the railing and dropped 20 feet to the ground. The landing was quiet, but it still caught the attention of every vampire outside. I ignored them and ran after Damon.

It wasn’t long before I caught up with him, he was still walking. “Damon!” I shouted, my older brother turned to look at me.

“Go away, Eva. I’m really not in the mood.” He replied as he began walking off again. I didn’t let him get 2 feet before I had turned him back to face me.

“What the hell were you thinking back there? They could have killed you or people could have seen! We don’t need that kind of attention, Damon.”

“Well none of that happened so you can stop lecturing me.”

“Tell me what happened. I’m your sister and you’re supposed to let me in not shut me out.”

“Nothing happened! If anything I saved Matt’s damn life.”

“Thank you, Damon. But what you didn’t need to do was make a scene.”

“I’m one for the dramatics; it’s something we have in common.”

“But why did you do it? You seemed all pissy and I don’t think that was because Kol tried to kill Matt. You don’t even like Matt!”

“I’m just sick of everyone right now; that includes you with your lecturing.”

“Stop being vague! Someone put you in a mood and I want to know who.”

“Why?”

“Because, Damon, you’re my brother! We’re family and we’re all that’s left. We have no father, no mother no cousins, no aunts, no uncles, no nephews; it’s just us and we’re supposed to be honest with each other. So tell me who put you in a mood before I kick your ass instead of theirs.”

“Elena.” He told me; if looks could kill I would be dead. Of course it had been Elena, when was she ever not putting someone in a bad mood? “Now will you leave me alone?”

“No, we haven’t talked in a while. This bonding experience is good for both of us. We could both use some time away from everything else.”

“We could go to therapy, maybe learn some ways to help our baby bro with his death mission with Klaus.”

“His death mission with Klaus?”

“You know our brother always clings to one thing after a ripper binge; this time it was killing Klaus which helps us out, but doesn’t work in the realm of keeping people safe.”