Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade

These chapters are EDITED

*because it's been so long! I'm making this chapter twice as long! and putting chapter three in here as well. Enjoy!*

Evangeline POV:

"Wake up." Someone coos in my ear, shaking my body lightly. I groan and roll over in an attempt to stay asleep longer, but they weren't having it as my covers were ripped from my body.

I shot up into a sitting position and glared at Damon who was smirking as he held my sheets in his hand. "Why can't you let me sleep?"

"Because Stefan says we have to go to the Lockwood house, Masquerade Party prep. And we all know what happens when Stefan doesn't get his way..."

I threw my pillow at him laughing as it hit him in the face. "You need to stop teasing our little brother about his alternate lifestyle! Would you rather him become a ripper again?"

Damon nodded, his smirk growing when I threw yet another pillow in his direction. "I'd much rather he be way too fun, than no fun at all."

Rolling my eyes I rolled off the bed and walked to my closet. "Jeans and a t-shirt or summer dress?" I questioned, disregarding his lack of fashionability.

"Jeans and anything, as long as it's not that hideous dress you wore to the Lockwood house the last time." He taunted.

"You're never going to let me live that one down are you?"

"Nope!" He replied, walking out of my room with my blankets dragging behind him. My eyes widened and I chased after him.

"Don't you dare Damon, I will murder you!" I screamed causing Damon to laugh as he ran a bit faster down the stairs. "Damon!"

Launching myself in his direction I tackled him, both of us rolling down the stairs in a bundle of sheets. "HA!" I shouted, untangling myself before snatching the quilt.

"What the hell? You're not a quarterback!" Damon yelled, displeased a girl had bested him, even though he should be used to it.

I began laughing as Damon scowled up at me from his seat on the floor. "Well I wasn't going to let you throw my sheets into a river like the last time!"

"After nearly one hundred and fifty years you remember that of all things?" I could tell Damon wasn't surprised, I was good at remembering the mildly bad things more than the terrible and the good. Someone could have murdered hundreds and I'd remember that time they bumped into me on the street earlier that day.

I roll my eyes at him and gather my sheets in my arms before marching back up the stairs and tossing them on my bed.

As I approached my already opened closet I studied each garment before settling for a bright pink cheetah print sweater and tights. "Why are all the clothes they put in here so brightly colored?" I huffed to myself as I walked over to my bathroom.

-

After slipping on a pair of grey sneakers and grabbing my car keys I walked down the stairs. "Damon!" I called out, looking for the familiar black hair. "Sierra!" I tried again, but there was no reply. Did they already leave?

Something whooshed past me and I spun around, this is the Lexi incident all over again! My eyes scanned the hallway but whatever ran past me was gone.

I was about to walk out the door when it happened again, only this time there was a hand placed firmly on the door. "Hello Angie, it's been a few days."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at the brunette vampire. "Kat, what is it you want?"

"I want you to do me a favor." She began, removing her hand from the door as she walked into the living room. "I have a friend, Mason Lockwood, and I need you to make sure nothing happens to him. He's important to my plan." She explained, pouring herself a glass of bourbon.