Chapter 22: Compulsion

(Hello my readers, I've updated early and sort of late... Well I had finals so that doesn't count. Anyways, I may update again tomorrow after I wake up, but NO PROMISES. Now without further ado, I give you Chapter 22)

Katherine POV:

Angie fell to the ground and I could instantly feel the regret creeping up in the pit of my stomach, but just as quickly as it had come, I'd pushed it away. She couldn't be anywhere near this. If she saw Klaus, it didn't matter how mad she was, he could still weasel his way into her emotions and the whole thing would fall apart. "Was that necessary?" Sierra questioned me.

"Yes," I nodded, "it was. She's the only person on this earth I'd die to protect, she's my best friend. For a century she's been under Klaus' thumb, but now she's finally able to breathe again and I'm not going to let him drag her back under."

I watched as Sierra picked up Evangeline's body and placed her on the bed, right beside some photos she'd been looking at. "You know, Alexandra was my best friend, she and Evangeline practically saved my life. Now Alexandra's dead."

"She was a close friend of mine as well, it's hard to lose a friend. That's why I don't intend on letting Angie anywhere near Klaus."

"You're the reason that she met Klaus, you should have known how dangerous it would be for her to do that. She spent 100 years on the run from him, but she wouldn't have to have done that if you had never asked her to go to New Orleans in the first place. I'm sorry, Katherine, but anything that has happened or will happen to Evangeline because of Klaus is on you."

"You don't think I know that?" It took every ounce of restraint in my body not to kill her right now, but she was a friend of Angie. "I wish I could change things and if I ever get the chance to do so, there won't be the slightest amount of hesitation. She's in this because of me and that's why I have to get her a clean break. I will kill him tonight, then I'm going to find out where Klaus keeps his family-"

"Why? You don't actually plan on waking them up do you?"

"Only one of them."

"Which one?"

"Kol."

"You realize he's the reason I'm a vampire, right? He's the vampire that fed on me!"

"I won't be waking him anywhere near here, but he's a friend of Angie and he's not an enemy of me, I've never even met him before. He can give Angie the one thing that I can't."

"What's that?"

"A clean break from Klaus. An Original vampire can compel a vampire. He could compel Angie to forget all about Klaus, she doesn't have to remember any of this. She won't remember meeting him, she won't remember loving him, she won't remember running from him, she won't remember anything to do with him. All of it will be gone! She can start fresh in a new place, meet new people, make new friends, and come back to Mystic Falls every fifty years like her brothers."

"A normal vampire life? That's your plan? What happens if she ever finds out you did this?"

"She won't because you're not going to tell her or anyone else, if you're a liability then I don't think Kol Mikaelson would mind compelling you to forget this conversation. Because even if Klaus doesn't die tonight, which is unlikely, I'll still do anything in my power to make certain this plan doesn't fail. She's not going to remember Klaus and we're going to start fresh."

"What happens if Klaus ever finds you again?"

"Oh he will, but I've heard things about Kol Mikaelson that tell me he isn't going to let Angie go anywhere unprotected."