Chapter 7: Klaus

This chapter is EDITED

Evangeline POV:

Klaus: What gave me away?

Evangeline: Y-your accent is very-y distinct.

Klaus: Ah, that is a drag. I bet you're wondering why I'm calling?

Evangeline: That, and how you got my number.

Klaus: Compulsion is a nifty thing, I simply popped by your house and compelled your brother. Stefan.

Evangeline: You didn't hurt him right? If you did I swear to-

Klaus: Relax, I didn't touch him. Now the reason I'm calling.

Evangeline: First, did you meet anyone else while in Mystic Falls?

Klaus: You mean any other friends of yours? Sadly, I didn't have the pleasure.

Evangeline: Good, can't have you killing them.

Klaus: Ouch, love, I'm hurt. Now I'm calling because I need you to do something for me.

Evangeline: Depends on what it is.

Klaus: While I was in Mystic Falls I heard something very interesting.

Evangeline: What was it?

Klaus: Seems Katerina is in the tomb, alive. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Evangeline: Of course not, your brother kidnapped me.

Klaus: You always were a dreadful liar. What was she doing there?

Evangeline: Now why would I tell you?

Klaus: I've noticed you take vervain, how do you feel about bleeding out?

Evangeline: You couldn't find me if you tried, besides I've got two minutes before Elijah comes searching.

"My brother always was a burden, like a dark cloud." The voice made me jump out of my skin as I turned around coming face to face with the devil himself. He hadn't changed much, just his style. His hair wasn't slicked back, and he no longer wore suits. Keeping with the times I suppose.

"Hello Klaus." I seethed, both terrified by him, and angry with Stefan for not taking the suggestion of daily vervain. "You know you can't compel me, I just took vervain."

"Oh I know, I didn't come here to compel you." He replied, stepping closer making me take two steps back. I didn't want to be even ten feet close to him. He spent a century trying to kill me, then he killed Alexandra, and now he's compelled my brother.

I narrowed my eyes at him and pressed 'end call' on my phone, preparing to dial for help. Klaus was faster than I had thought as he ripped the phone from my hand and tossed it within a matter of seconds. "Nice try, love. You've got guts."

"Why don't I feed you your own?"

"Feisty. I knew there was something about this change I liked."

"What change? I haven't changed."

"Oh, but you have. You're meaner, snappier, and way more sarcastic. Seems you take after your other brother, Damon?"

"If you even say what I know you're thinking I won't hesitate to kill you."

"You say that with so much confidence. You must know that I'm stronger, I can't be killed."

"Yes you can, what do you think Elijah is planning? Why else would he need my help?"

"He wants to use you to lure me out. What he doesn't know, is that I'm already here." Klaus smirked, watching my movements closely as I shifted from one foot to the other. "Look there he is."