Chapter 6: Richmond

Evangeline POV:

"That's it?" I questioned, looking at the white building, there were so many windows. If I didn't have my ring, I would never have even thought to go there, I'd be afraid of the sun. Elijah nodded, climbing out of the car and pointing to an alleyway.

"That's the back entrance, stay hidden and grab him when he comes out." Elijah demanded, opening my door for me as I couldn't. Before I got in I unlocked it, but Elijah put it back - much to my protest. "His apartment is about a block away, meet me there after you're certain RoseMarie left with Damon."

I nodded, walking towards the alley with great determination. I could see a human being easily scared of the alley. It was dark and looked like one of those alleys in the movies, the ones people are murdered in.

When I entered the small shop I immediately began looking for the familiar black hair. I found him, seated at a table closest to the window, he was with Rose and a sandy haired man I assumed was Slater. But against my better judgement, I approached them. Each step closer felt like a step nearer to my death, but Elijah couldn't kill me, not until after everything.

"Hello big brother, and kidnapping whore." I greeted them with a smile before looking to Slater. "Hello, you must be Slater, I'm Evangel-"

"Evangeline Salvatore, turned 1864, Mystic Falls by Katherine Pierce a.k.a Katerina Petrova. Met Klaus in the early 1900s, thought dead in 1919." He listed and I didn't try to conceal my surprise, he was a know-it-all. Even I didn't know people thought me dead.

"What are you doing here?" Damon questioned, standing up from his seat to yank me aside. "I thought you were on your way home."

"I was, my friend changed his route. Remember Eli- Pablo?"

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, what makes you think I'm not?"

"You're acting strange. Stuttering, fiddling with your fingers. How did you even find this place?"

"I - uh - tracked your cell phone! How else?"

"Okay, I'm going to pretend that isn't as creepy as it sounds. You need to leave."

"Why?"

"Just leave."

"Is it because you are trying to get in touch with Klaus? Or eliminate the moonstone?"

"How did you?"

"I have ears, and resources, but mostly ears."

Before another word was spoken the glass of the windows shattered and the sun poured in, causing all the vampires aside from Damon and I to curl up in pain. Screams echoed through the shop and Damon turned to find Rose.

While he was distracted, I darted, making a beeline after the sandy brown hair I was supposed to catch. When I caught him by the arm he spun around, preparing to attack but I blocked his first shot and delivered one of my own to his jaw. He stumbled slightly and I knew I was older. "Don't mess with me, Little Vamp. I can't kill you, he wants you alive." I was trying to act like I wasn't upset I had actually hurt another vampire, I had done it many times before and each time I felt bad. I didn't like hurting my own species.

"Who are you? Who wants me alive?" I remained silent, unsure if telling Slater anything would piss Elijah off even more than he would be for me being seen. My silence - apparently - was a tip for Slater as realization dawned on his face. "You're working for Klaus."

"God no, I don't want to be near that hybrid until I know he won't kill me."

"Hybrid?"

"Shit. Forget you heard that, he will kill me. Not literally, but figuratively. He will probably kill my brothers instead."