Chapter 12: Kill Me

Evangeline POV:

"Oh Jenna!" I pouted, wrapping my arms tighter around the sobbing individual. Alaric's wife had shown up today, Isobel, also Elena's mother and to say Jenna wasn't taking it well would be a understatement. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you."

She didn't answer, she never did. All my words were met only with tears. When I got my hands on that conniving Petrova bitch I wouldn't care about her relationship with my bestfriend, I'd make her dead for putting Jenna through that trauma.

When Elena called me late last night I was quick to get over here and found Jenna locked away in her bedroom. She didn't let Elena in, but the second she heard my voice she opened the door to let me in.

Jenna and I were never really close though, but I felt she needed at least someone who could comfort her until everything was explained. I hope that after this Elena stops keeping her in the dark because it wasn't safe. Elena had to know if Jenna knew the entire family of Gilberts would be so much safer, Jenna would no longer invite everyone into the house.

The tears had stopped falling and eventually Jenna's breathing evened out, she was asleep. I didn't know whether or not to move her into her bed and go talk to Elena or wait here all night to guarantee I could talk to Jenna in the morning. I decided to talk to Elena.

Lifting Jenna up, I placed her onto her bed and pulled the sheets around her, trying to make her as comfortable as I could. Then I left the bedroom and closed the door behind me.

"Elena." I whispered, tapping gently on her door.

"Come in." She huffed and I could tell she hadn't gotten any sleep yet.

I opened the door and walked into Elena's room. She was spread out across her bed, eyes wide and red with fatigue. I felt bad for her, even if I didn't like her much, she was still hurting and her aunt wouldn't talk to her. "What happened tonight?"

"Isobel just showed up saying she had to talk to me, Jenna answered the door."

"She wasn't invited in, correct?"

"I slammed the door in her face before Jenna could let her in."

"Well that's always nice, I'll find out what she wants tomorrow. Can you give me a call when Jenna wakes up? I want to talk with her again."

"Yeah, I'll call you. Where are you going now?"

"I've got some.. Stuff to take care of at home."

"Oh." She collapsed back into her bed with a loud sigh, rolling over to signal the conversation was over. I don't think she liked my vague answer, but I couldn't really care less, I wasn't about to spill my life story or the events that occurred just an hour ago. My brothers didn't need to know who I was drinking with.

As I exited the front door of the Gilbert home I pulled my phone out to call Damon. It took half a ring for him to pick up and begin rambling.

Damon: You do realize it's 6 in the morning, right?

Evangeline: Yep. You're going to love the news I have, straight from the Gilbert house.

Damon: Is something wrong?

Evangeline: Not unless you count Isobel showing up to traumatize Jenna, not only that but she wants to speak with Elena. I'm about to hunt her down right now.

Damon: I'll come with you.

Evangeline: No, make sure Stefan gets the message. I've got a few others things to take care of as well, it's best if you help Stefan today.