Chapter 11: Drinks

Evangeline POV:

The next morning I woke up to the sun peeking through my shades, an annoying occurrence if you ask me. My brothers and Elena had succeeded in getting Elijah out of the picture. Temporarily. I couldn't say I felt bad, but I couldn't say that I wanted him gone either, without him we had nothing against Klaus. Unless you count the dagger we used on Elijah which will not work on Klaus at all.

I was in the room we'd never really given a name to. It was simply all-purpose. Liquor, books, sitting, scheming. Katherine was beside me sifting through Stefan's diary. Probably one of her favorite hobbies, it seems his diaries were pretty entertaining when there was nothing else to do. I just found his handwriting difficult to read, never was good with cursive. Or signatures for that matter.

"So anything you wanna tell me?" She questioned, placing the diary aside to lean forward in her seat. I looked over at her, she couldn't know anything, could she? Sure she knew I made a deal with Klaus, but I didn't tell her anything else. There wasn't really anything else for her to know, I don't see why I'm worried.

I shook my head, smiling as I took another sip of my blood bag. "No, nothing at all. What would I tell you?"

"I don't know, just making small talk." She shrugged her shoulder, eyeing my blood bag. "I'm going to get one of those."

I stood up as well, putting my magazine aside and following Katherine to the basement. "I can hear Damon doing something anyways, probably using that blowtorch." I laughed at that, did Damon actually believe he could burn Elijah's body? Sometimes I wondered exactly how far he fell from the family tree. We'd all fallen by becoming vampires, but he may have fallen a bit too far. As did Stefan.

"Does he really think he can destroy Elijah's body?"

"I was just thinking that."

"Well, great minds do think alike." Katherine smiled as we descended to the basement. Another thing I wondered was why we kept the blood cooler in the basement of all places. "Oooo burning flesh." She remarked as we came in sight to see my brother - as suspected - using the blowtorch on Elijah. "If you're trying to get the dagger back you're wasting your time. He's indestructible." Yeah, good thing. Somehow I don't see Klaus taking the fact my brother set his brother on fire very well. Especially if it destroyed Elijah's body.

"No kidding." Damon scoffed, walking back towards the two of us with his - very oversized - fire weapon. "How do you know so much about Original Vampires?" I just love how nobody seems to notice that I'm here too, they just start up a little conversation while I stand awkwardly to the side.

"Spent five hundred years running from one." She muttered.

"So when I told you my plan to kill Elijah, why didn't you tell me I'd die if I used the dagger on him?"

"Oh, there's so many rules, it's all very confusing." She brushed it off, entering the room. However, I wished she had told him. Maybe then I wouldn't have almost lost a brother last night.

"Did you know I would die?"

"Did Elijah tell you his plan? Did he have a dagger to kill Klaus with?" No, he didn't. There is no dagger to kill Klaus with.

"Why are you still here?"

"Because you haven't forcibly removed me yet and Angie and I happen to be on good terms, best of friends. She's the one that arranged for Klaus to let me go."

Damon looked over at me and I wished I wasn't in the room anymore, should've left while I could. They aren't even supposed to know Klaus is here yet! Elijah didn't even know until he forced it out of me. "You did what? Since when are you buddy buddy with Originals?"