Chapter 16: Ray Sutton

This chapter is EDITED

TWO MONTHS LATER

Evangeline POV:

"Why do I have to wait in the car?" I shrieked, getting out of the car. There was no way I was sitting in this car while my brother ripped apart more innocent people, no way. "I'm coming with you."

"No, you're staying in the car." Stefan proclaimed. "Klaus, tell her."

"Sorry, love, you're going to need to wait in the car. Can't have you breaking a nail or something." Klaus smirked, his eyes glinting in amusement when my jaw dropped open.

"A finger nail?" I questioned before looking back over at Stefan. "A finger nail? I'm not worried about a finger nail, I'm worried about my brother tearing someone's head off." Stefan simply walked off, not saying anything else.

"Well, it's inevitable, so just wait in the car and we'll be right back."

"I've already said I'm not waiting in the car."

"Yes," Klaus began, turning to put his hand out in front of me, "you are. Let the men handle this."

"Now we're being sexist." I snorted, moving Klaus' hand before walking after Stefan. "You cannot win, Klaus. The only way you're putting my brother in there is if I'm in there as well. I've spent the whole summer listening to everything you tell me to do, now I'll do what I want to do. I'm not the one that made a deal with you."

-

"Rudy!" A blonde woman came out of the house and I assumed she was looking for her dog. Putting two fingers into her mouth, she whistled before walking down the stairs. "Rudy! Come on, it's too hot to make me come looking for you." As she walked further down the walkway, Klaus disappeared from my side.

With a sigh I brushed myself off before walking after him as he began to converse with the woman who had nearly died of fright upon seeing Klaus in her driveway. If I were human it would probably scare me as well to look down and then have someone standing in front of me by the time I looked up. "I'm so sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Klaus apologized, using his version of an American accent to lessen any suspicion this woman was probably feeling.

"Can I help you?" She asked, her eyes flicking over to me as I walked up the drive.

As I stopped a couple feet away from the pair, the woman's eyes slid back to Klaus who began talking. "Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever. Your's is the first house we've come across, so we were just hoping we could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?" The woman interrogated, obvious suspicion in her voice. Of course the girl with the werewolf friend would be suspicious, I would be too.

Klaus laughed humorlessly. "Yeah." He answered before reaching into his back pocket and pulling it out. "Battery died."

The woman's eyes went to me, waiting for my excuse. "My brother lost his so he's been borrowing mine." I shrugged, tapping on my pockets for effect.

"Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer." Klaus assured the woman. I seriously hoped she would listen and believe the blatant lie, otherwise she'd find out exactly how much of a serial killer he really was. "We just wanna use your phone."

The woman sighed heavily, her hair flying about. "Sure." She agreed before turning towards the house.

"So," Klaus trailed off as he took a couple steps forward, "we can come in?"

"No." The woman shook her head and I bit my lip. "I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

Klaus quickly dropped his act, his face turning deadly serious before he piped up again. "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting."