Chapter 14: Curse

This chapter is EDITED

Evangeline POV:

"Mmm." I hummed as I woke up, the sun burning my eyes and making me squint. Another thing I hated, sunlight.

"Ah finally, you're awake." Klaus smiled, walking to the archway and raising his eyebrow. "You realize it's noon right?"

I rolled over and looked at the digital clock to see that it was approximately 12:03pm. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You looked so peaceful, besides, Maddox and I were betting on when you'd wake up."

I rolled my eyes before picking up on of the pillows and chucking it in his direction. He laughed loudly, catching the pillow before throwing it back onto the bed as he walked over. "Next time, wake me up."

Klaus raised his eyebrow, the left corner of his mouth twitching upwards. "Is that a demand?"

"Did it sound like a demand?"

"Mhmm."

"Then there's your answer." I grinned, rolling over and putting my feet on the ground only to be pushed back onto the bed by Klaus.

"Not so fast love, we aren't quite done yet." I smirked and pulled him down on top of me.

"Really?" I questioned, patting his cheek. Klaus caught my wrists, pinning them above my head before attacking my lips with his own. I kissed him back, using my legs to draw him closer as he kept my hands where they were. Putting my wrists into one of his hands, he used the other to travel down my body, resting on my upper thigh.

"Oh my god, there are other people in this apartment." Katherine spoke up and I looked over to see her covering her eyes with one of her hands. I laughed and sat up, Klaus dropping into the bed beside me. "Thank you." Katherine chirped, walking back out of the area without another word.

-

"Where you going?" I asked as Klaus snatched his jacket from the couch.

Klaus looked over to me as he put his phone in his pocket. "To make sure your brothers don't mess with my plans." He answered, opening the front door of the apartment.

"Wait!" I called after him, grabbing a jacket of my own. "I'm coming with you." I declared, slipping the jacket on before following him out the door and shutting it behind me.

"You sure you want them knowing the company you're keeping? I am trying to kill their girlfriend."

"Elena is only Stefan's girlfriend."

"Tell your other brother that."

"His name is Damon."

"You're a picky little thing, aren't you?"

"I eat people, I can't be that picky."

"You eat people because that's what a vampire's diet is made up of, would you still eat people if you were human?"

"People can go to prison for that."

"Then the police suck at keeping track of all the people that are eaten, I mean, vampires go undetected."

"Because we're careful and fast and strong, there's also compulsion."

"Ah yes, compulsion, such a handy thing that is." Klaus opened the front door of the building and I walked out as he followed close behind. "Where would he be?"

"My brother? Depends on which one you're hunting for."

"Who's most likely to mess with my plan."