BATMAN is Well Known

Academy City, 2011

Bart and Wally were walking down the street in District 4. Bart frowned.

"Remind me again how we landed in Academy City." he said. "I mean, history books said this place had exceptional security." Wally shrugged.

"We were in camoflauge mode." he pointed out.

"But wouldn't the motion censors still have worked?"

"Robin must have hacked them, like always." he said as he rolled his eyes.

Bart sighed in defeat. "I wish we could've got something to eat." he grumbled. "I'm craving Chicken Whizzies."

"Well, you should have gotten some before we left."

"But the other time traveler said-"

"There's another one?!" Wally gasped, his eyes widening. Bart blinked.

"Yeah, you didn't think I would be the only one, did you?"

"Who is it?!" Wally asked. Bart scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, um, you've met his father." he stuttered.

"Who is his father?"

"....Well, he's pretty well known...."

"Batman is pretty well known. Your point?"

"Um......" Bart said, his eyes flicking around desperately. "There's a restraunt!" Bart yelled, clearly trying to change the subject. He took off.

"Hey!" Wally said, running after him. "We're not done yet!"

Zatanna and Artemis were also walking down a sidewalk, though they were in District 7. They had just gotten out of 'Joseph's Cofee and Restraunt', and the two each had a latte in hand.

"This place is..... interesting." Artemis said. Zatanna nodded.

"Very." she said as she watched the cleaning drones clean up an overturned trash bin.

"Espiaccly these espers." Artemis continued. "I mean, some of these kids could take on Wonder Woman!"

Zatanna sighed. "Why do we have to have these stupid fake names anyway?" she said. "I mean, it's not like anyone's gonna know it's us. You don't have your bow, and from what I've heard, there are magicians here."

Artemis nodded. "You're right. Besides, I can't even remember what my name was supposed to be." she said.

Zatanna was about to reply, when she heard a scream. The two friends exchanged a glance before following the sound, dropping their lattes in front of the cleaning drones.

They came to a stop as they saw a school girl being cornered by three thug-looking men. The girl looked scared as the men whispered to her, creepy smiles on their faces.

"Hey!" Artemis yelled, taking a step forward with Zatanna following. "Get away from her!"

The largest of the men snickered. "What are you going to do about it?" he sneered. He raised his hands, with were donned with some strange-looking gloves. "These gloves are from Anti-Skill. They negate any esper ability."

Artemis smirked, and Zatanna smiled. Artemis jumped forward, doing a handstand on the guy's shoulders before grabbing his forearms and landing on her feet, slamming him to the ground.

The other two guys looked stunned, then looked at Zatanna who had her hands outstretched towards them.

"Raepassid!" she yelled, and the two men vanished into thin air, along with the first.