Prologue

It was around 7:00. Mikoto Misaka was leaning on the railing, a can of soda in her hand. She was watching Academy City with a far away look in her brown eyes. Academy City was a developed city with technology that was said to be 20 or 30 years advanced. It was also th place to study espers. Espers were people with unique abilities. Abilities like telekenisis, teleportation, and other powers.

Mikoto took a drink of her soda, not noticing a certain teleporter had appeared behind her.

"Sissy!" Kuroko Shirai yelled, looking terrified. She grabbed Mikoto's hand and started pulling her along. "We gotta go!"

"Whoah, slow down, Kuroko." Mikoto said. "What's wrong?"

Kuroko looked at her with wide brown eyes. "I'll explain on the way! Just come on!"

"Kuroko..." Mikoto said slowly, narrowing her eyes. "If this is another onne of your perverted antics..." Sparks flew from her bangs threateningly. Kuroko shook her head in denial.

"It's a matter of life or death!" she cried. "And we need to leave." She pulled on the older girl's hand desperately.

Mikoto rolled her eyes. "Fine, ju- hey!" she yelled as Kuroko dragged her along the street. Annoyance flahed through her as she stuggled to stay on her feet. "Do you mind telling me what this is about?" she asked irritably.

Kuroko didn't look behind her, just kept running. "I overheard Aliester Crowley say all Level 5's are to captured on sight." she said breathlessly. " There hasn't been time for Anti-Skill or Judgement to have heard yet, so I managed to book you a flight out of Academy City."Anti-Skill were the people who restrained rogue espers and took them into custody. Judgement were like the Police compromised out of students.

"Slow down!' said Mikoto, her eyes wide. "What were you doing, listening to Aliester Crowley?"

"Never mind that!" Kuroko said, biting her lip. "We just need to leave!"

"What about my stuff?"

"I got it!!"

"YOU PACKED MY THINGS?!" Asked Mikoto, looking disgusted.

Kuroko said shrugged. "It was my duty."

Mikoto huffed. "Whatever, but where is it?" she asked skeptically.

"I sent it ahead. It's your blue suitcase."

"Well, where am I going?" grumbled Mikoto.

Kuroko rounded a corner, almost causing Mikoto to be knocked off heer feet. "Washington D.C."

"I'M GOING TO AMERICA'S CAPITAL!?" Mikoto fumed. She clenched her fist.

"Yes, it's one of the only places that accepts people with powers!" said Kuroko. "Remember the Justice League?" Mikoto's eyes widened. She'd heard about the Justice League, a league of superpowered people devoted to defending the Earth. She was a big fan of them,

She shook her head. "Yeah, but it's not like they'll let me join." She paused. "Will they?" Kuroko shrugged.

"It's possible.There have been heroes younger than you." She pointed out. "Robin, Batman's sidekick, started at age 9." she tapped her chin. "I think he's 14 now." Mikoto sighed.

"Well, I don't have much of a choice, do I." she groaned. Kuroko shook her head.

By this time, the duo had reached Academy City's airport. Mikoto looked at the doors. "Well, it's a good thing I took that English class." she joked, trying to lighten the mood. Kuroko said nothing, just jogged to the front desk.

"Misaka Mikoto, flight to Washington D.C., United States of America." she gasped. The clerk looked at Kuroko with narrowed eyes.

"You don't look like the Railgun." she said slowly. Mikoto came up from behind Kuroko.

"I'm Mikoto." she said quickly. The clerk nodded, and hande her a pass. Mikoto rushed forward, Kuroko following. "It's okay, she's with me." said Mikoto as the clerk started to walk towards the teleprter.

Kuroko and Mikoto ran to the boarding station. Kuroko turned to her sissy. "Your suitcase is already on the plane." she said briskly. "When you get there, try to find the Hall Of Justice. You'll be fine." Tears filled in her eyes.

Mikoto smiled softly, then enveloped her friend in a hug. Kuroko wrapped her arms round Mikoto, burying her face in her uniform. "I can't believe I'm letting you leave." The teleporter croaked. "I promised myself I'd never do that."

"I'll be fine." Mikoto whispered. "You just need to protect the other Level 5's." she added as they broke apart. "You need to warn them."

Kuroko smirked. "Sure thing, sissy." she giggled. Mikoto narrowed her eyes, but remained silent. Waving good-bye, she stepped on to the plane.

______________________________________-

Mikoto had been on the plane for a total of 13 hours. Thankfully, the flight was almost over. They had reached Washington airspace. Mikoto had spent the time sleeping and staring out the window.

"Everyone, buckle your seatbelts and prepare for landing." A voice said over the intercome. Mikoto buckled her seatbelt mindlessly, her mind on Academy City. What were they doing? Was everyone safe?

She sighed as she felt the plane dip. Mikoto gasped as she heard an explosion, followed by maniacal laughter. Passengers around her screamed. Mikoto jumped up, ready to fry whatever sicko was responsible.

She needn't walk any further, because at that moment two guys walked out of the pilot's section with insane grins plastered on to their faces. Both held twin pistols in their hands.

"Everybody, down on the ground!' the taller one yelled. Most of the passengers obeyed, but a few just stared in shock. The tall one scowled. "I said down on the ground!" he yelled before firing one of the pistols into the ceiling. The remaining passengers, Mikoto excluded, unbuckled their seatbelts and laid on the carpeted floor.

The guy's crazed eyes landed on Mikoto, who was glaring at him defiantly. He chuckled. "Looks like we got a rebellious little girl on our hands." he chuckled. He pointed the gun at her chest. "I think you should lie down 'fore you do something you regret."

Mikoto smirked. "I'd say the same thing to you." she sneered, as a spark flew from her bangs. The guys frowned in confusion. Mikoto pointed her finger at the tall one and a blast of electricity flowed from her arm to her finger, to the man's chest. He yelled out in pain and fell over.

The other guy stared in shock before crying out in fear as the plane slowed down. Mikoto and the guy both dashed to the window to see a man dressed in a blue leotard with a red cape grabbing on to the remaining wing of the plane.

Remembering the remaining terrorist, Mikoto looked at him and sent a lightning bolt from her bangs to the man, causing him to crash to the ground consulving.

By this time a drone painted red had burst into the plane. He looked at Mikoto, who was standing above the two men with electricity still running throughout her body. She looked back at him, meeting his gaze.

He took a step forward. "I think you need to come with me." he said slowly. Mikoto narrowed her eyes.

"That depends." she said just a cautiously. "Are you with the Justice League?" Before the drone could answer, the plane dropped a few feet from the ground on to the designated landing pad. The man in the leotard burst through the door and walked up to her. Superman, she recognized.

"Yes," he said. "Yes we are."

Well? Is it bad? just so you know, this story takes place in April, so Robin did, in fact, turn 14. (His birthday is March 21) And this story is about Young Justice, not the Justice League, but Mikoto meets the team through the Justice League.

To the right; Scene from A Certain Scientific Railgun, English DUB

Don't forget to comment and vote!