Whelmed? What on Earth is 'whelmed'?

Mikoto and Robin walked towards the back, trying to ignore the looks being flashed towards them. Cleary, drunk or not, it was a strange sight to see a couple of 14-year olds in a nightclub.

Okay Robin thought, looking through the window that was on the door. I have visual. He turned to Mikoto. On the count of three, we kick open the door.

Not much of a stealth plan, eh? Mikoto thought, raising an eyebrow. Robin looked at her with a frown, then turned back to the door.

One, two, th- Before the Boy Wonder could finish, the door was yanked open, showing a strange man with red hair and a green jacket with lighter green question marks adorning it. He grinned at the two heroes.

"Robin." he said snidely. Then he looked at Mikoto with furrowed eyebrows. "I don't know you." Mikoto said nothing, just smirked.

"Dosen't matter." she said as a spark flew from her bangs. "You'll get beat either way." Before she could send a blast of electricity, though, The Riddler took out a vial of blue liquid.

"Riddle me this: What do you call a serpent with the answer to weightwatchers?" he asked, waving the vial. Robin groaned,

"The answer is Kobra venom: But really, Riddler, you're losing your touch!" he said, taking out his bo-staff. Before he could do anything, The Riddler lifted the vial to his lips, and drank it.

He started choking, and he collasped on to the ground. He was on his hands and knees, when his jacket and shirt started to rip. He let out a groan, before his skin starting bulging out.W ith the only fabric hanging in strings across his waist- looking like daisy dukes- he rose to his feet. Mikoto's eyes widened at the sight.

He was now three times his earlier size, and his biceps were as big around as Aqualad. His stone-gray skin was now ripped in places, showing his red muscles- the ones that were supposed to stay inside the body. He looked at Robin and Mikoto and grinned sinisterly.

Robin jumped forward, swinging his bo-staff around to hit The Riddler in the stomach. The Riddler just grabbed it and, in one swift motion, broke it in half. Robin stared in shock, then got out tasor and shot it into his chest.

The Riddler winced, then wrapped his fist around it and yanked it out of his body. He swung the cord around, and Robin shot forward, slamming into a wall.

Are you okay? Mikoto franticly thought.

I'm fine. Robin replied. But I'm stuck. It'll take a while to get out. You stay whelmed.

Whelmed?? Mikoto thought desperately. What on earth is 'whelmed'?

An idea was forming in her mind. If that taser made him wince, then maybe....

"Hey, Riddler!" Mikoto yelled, and Riddler looked at her. Smiling, a powerful bolt of blue-white electricty, three times more powerful than Robin's tazor, shot out of her bangs and hit him square in the chest.

The Riddler roared in pain and staggered backwards. Mikoto pointed her finger at him, and another bolt shot out of her finger into his chest, again. Riddler screamed and fell over.

Just for good measure, Mikoto shocked him again. And this time Riddler's eyes closed, and he fell unconscious. Robin walked back over to her side, panting. His cape was ripped. They looked at Riddler, his gray skin charred and smoking. Robin smiled at her.

"Thank you." he said.

__________________________

Batman, Robin, and Mikoto were in the Main Room. Batman was looking at a holographic image of the box of Kobra venom Aqualad and Zatanna had found outside the club.