Childcare: Connie x Reader

Childcare [Connie x Reader]

Your mom turned you house into a partial day care center because she loved taking care of children and you were all grown up. You were alright with that idea, even though you haven't got the slightest clue on childcare. You liked children as well but once they start being upset, you panic and don't know what to do.

"_____, I'm going out to get some things. Look after the kids, alright?" Your mom called you from the hall way. You perked up from the couch and chased after her.

"What? Wait! Mom! I can't-! MOM!" You tried to argue but she had already left. You started to pace around, worried about how you were going to take care of the children who were currently playing in the playground at your backyard.

You jumped when your cellphone started to ring. "H-Hello?" You picked it up, mind still wandering on how you were going to take care of the kids.

"Hey, _____." A very familiar voice replied on the other side of the line. It was your boyfriend, Connie Springer. "Are you free? Do you want to head out for-"

"Oh thank God, Connie!" You sighed in relief. Of course, you could get Connie to help. At least you wouldn't be alone in this.

"_____?"

"Come over quick!"

"Why? What's goi-"

"It's an emergency! Just come over quick, okay? I love you!" You hung up and rushed towards the sliding glass doors where you were able to watch the children play. You peeled your lips as you watched Eren climbing up the stairs to get to the slide and Mikasa closely behind him.

A couple of minutes later, the doorbell rang and you hurriedly get the door, hoping it would be your mother. Much to your surprise, you found your boyfriend before you, hands on his knees and panting for air as sweat overwhelmed his buzz-cut hair. "C-Connie?!" You exclaimed.

He lived a few streets down and it amazed you that he could run that quickly. "What's the emergency?" He asked worriedly, still trying to catch his breath.

You put a hand on his shoulders and quickly invited him in. You tried your best not to laugh as you gave him a glass of water and asked him to sit on your couch. He looked around worriedly. "God, Connie. I never expected you to Usain Bolt your way here." You laughed.

"You said it was an emergency." He said, gulping down water. "What's going on?"

"Well... It's an emergency, but not the ER type." You glanced at your backyard nervously. He followed your gaze.

"Your emergency is children?" He raised a brow at you.

"Not just children, Connie!" You exclaimed, throwing your hands in the air. "Daycare kids!"

"I don't understand how this is an emergency." He shook his head in disbelief and slight amusement.

"It is! What if they start crying? What am I going to do-" It was as if you jinxed it, a cry rang both your ears. The both of your quickly exchanged looks and rushed towards the backyard.

"What happened?" Connie asked as the both of you made your way to a crying Eren and a sniffling Jean. You pulled Eren into your arms nervously as Connie took Jean.

"Jean hit me!" Eren whined, burying his face into your shirt. You swallowed nervously and looked over at Connie.

"Jean?" Connie asked. Jean pouted and a few tears slid down his cheeks too. No no no no no, you thought. You gave Connie a desperate look, begging him to stop the kids from crying.