Sick : Bertholdt x Reader

Sick: [Bertholdt x Reader]

You woke up with a major headache pounding onto your skull and groaned. You clenched your fists onto your bed sheets as you waited for the explosions in your head to subside. “_____, are you okay?” Mikasa asked you as she wrapped her signature red scarf around her neck. She looked down at you with concern.

“Yeah…” You replied groggily as the pain finally started to ease. “Just a headache.” She stared at you for a little longer and decided to let it go.

Your throat felt awfully dry and your skin felt somewhat warm. It felt as though you were radiating heat. You found yourself drenched in sweat. Despite feeling unwell, you pushed yourself out of bed anyways.

Today, the Survey Corps were heading out to the outer walls once again and you definitely couldn’t call in for a sick day leave. You didn’t want to anyways. So you washed up and got into your uniform. “_____, you look pale. Are you really okay?” Krista asked you.

“I’m fine, Krista.” You put on your most convincing smile. “I just needed more sleep.” She was about to say some more but Ymir came to your aid and pulled her away, telling her to pay more attention to her not you instead. You smiled at them as they walked away. Just go out with each other already

After your squad leaders had given you another reminder as to what you were supposed to do, your team head onto the stables to get your horses. You smiled weakly at your horse and he whined back at you. You pulled onto his rein, trying to hoist yourself up to his back.

But as you did so, the world begun to spin and things were blur for a minute. You were starting to have cold sweat again. You felt all the energy drain from your body and as your legs gave way and grips slipped from the rein. Before you were able to hit the ground, you felt someone catch you.

“_____!” You heard Bertholdt’s voice. He gently pushed you back to your feet and you started to regain your vision. He looked down at you with pure concern. “Are you alright?”

“Y-Yeah.” You lied, fixing your uniform. “I just slipped, is all.” You looked up to the tall dark haired and fairly handsome male. He was almost as tall as your horse! “Thanks.”

“Are you really sure? You look… pale.”

“Mmm Hmm, I’m fine. Don’t worry.” You pulled onto the rein again and tried to hoist yourself up. This time, Bertholdt carried you up by your waist and you landed perfectly on the seat. “Thanks.” Color was slowly returning to your face thanks to the blush that was spreading.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled at you. What a cute smile… “Take care.” You nodded your thanks to him once again and he left to get his horse. You mentally scolded yourself for being such a loser. Sighing, you kicked the side of your horse and you both started to move forward.

 Your headache and feverish skin was back. You gritted your teeth and told yourself to focus. “____! Stop slacking!” Your squad leader yelled from the front. You were rather behind of your team, who had no idea that you were sick. You kicked your horse’s side, ordering him to gallop faster.

“Keep your shit together, ____! We’re outside the walls, it’s not a game! You can die any minute.” Your squad leader scolded through the wind that blew against your faces.

“Sorry, sir.” You apologized through your dry lips. Shit, you thought, I’ve dragged down the team.

“____,” You turned to your side and found Bertholdt next to you, his face full of concern. “Are you really alright?”