CPR : Reiner x Reader

CPR [Reiner x Reader]

“I will test you on your CPR skills tomorrow.” The instructor announced as she kept her notes and exited the lecture hall. You clutch your head in frustration. You always wanted to be a paramedic and worked really hard for it. But CPR was one of the trickiest procedures and you were worried about the upcoming test. Your instructor had reminded you that if you failed more tests, you would be failing your course and had to retake the whole year.

“­­­_____," A familiar voice called and you turned to the direction of the voice to find Reiner and Bertholdt waving their hands at you, trying to snap you out of your daydream. “Come on, time to go.”

You pushed yourself out of your seat with a heavy heart and followed them out of the lecture hall. The three of you lived in the same apartment building along with Annie, another college student who takes the law and order course.

You couldn’t help but to frown as you enter Reiner’s red car. Both the boys noticed your expression and were a little worried about you. “What’s wrong, _____?” Bertholdt asked. Reiner looked into his mirror to look at you.

You let out a heavy sigh and bury your face in your hands. “OH MY GODDDDD….” You groaned. Reiner flashed a worried look from the mirror and immediately looked back at the road. “I’m going to fail my test again!”

“Come on, _____.” Bertholdt tried to cheer you up. “If you just study tonight, I bet you can do well.”

“That’s what you say every time, Bert.” You whined, close to tears. “And every time I fail.”

Bertholdt gave a nervous chuckle. “It’s not that bad…”

“She said I was the worst she had ever seen…” You countered, pouting.

“You’re smart,” Reiner said. “You can do it.”

“Maybe I should just give up on being a paramedic.” You wondered as you leaned your head towards the window.

“What?!” Both boys exclaimed.

“Keep your focus on the road, Reiner!” You cried, pointing frantically at the road.

“Give up on being a paramedic?!” Reiner exclaimed in shock. “But _____, it has been your lifelong dream to become a paramedic!”

“Yeah,” Bertholdt chipped in. “You can’t just give up like that!”

“Even if it was my lifelong dream, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m not good at it.” You sighed again. “Maybe it’s better if I don’t become one. I might not be able to save a life.”

“_____...”

The boys exchanged looks, trying to come up with something to say but couldn’t come up with anything so they decide to just keep quiet and let you think about it a little longer. It was your decision, after all.

The three of you drove in silence back to your apartment.

“Lift up the chin and pinch the nose.” You said to yourself as you pinched the button nose to your huge teddy bear. “Blow air into the patient’s mouth twice, leaving a few seconds gaps in between each breathing.” You put your mouth onto the mouth of the teddy bear, and blew twice, leaving a few seconds time gap.

“Watch the chest and lean your ear to the mouth and nose for signs of breathing.” You mentally told yourself. You stared at the fur of your teddy bear. You sighed, this wasn’t going anywhere.