Chapter 18

For the next few days I stayed with Mike and Katie. I got a call from my mom and she said she was bringing clothes over. I didn't tell her not to because I did actually need clothes.

"I brought you some of your things..." She says softly. I couldn't look her in the eyes. It was too hard. 

"I'm only taking this so you can leave." My mother takes in a shaky breath before speaking.

"After your... father and sister died, you got so sick. You weren't breathing correctly and I took you too the hospital. We were there for three days and they still couldn't figure out what was wrong... They gave me a list of foods to stay away from, and I was... I was so sure it was something else." I could hear the sadness in my mom's voice. She embraces me in a hug and I feel her tears on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Lily. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I love you so much." My mother lets go of me and walks away letting her hand linger on my shoulder.

Everything has already been taken from my mom. My dad, my sister... all she had left was me. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to loose me like she lost them. She made herself believe that I was sick... and it worked! All these years... it worked.

All these years I've been inside wondering what was out there, but once I found him... Jonah... I got to see what was out there. Now that I know, I never want to go back to solitude and I can't stop thinking about the rest of the world.

I want to see Jonah. I want to hug him, kiss him, apologize... He is my everything. I want to see the rest of the guys. I want to hug them and thank them.

They were in Paris. A place I've always wanted to see, but never got the chance. Now that I do, I know I won't look back.

Lily: I'll be at The Bakery of 37 at 11am
Lily: I'll understand if you're not there

I walk down the crowded Parisian streets until I find the shop. I walk in and it smelled of delicious sweets. I look around and I don't see Jonah. I frown and walk up to the cashier.

"Puis-je avoir six macaroons? Et deux Café au Lait?"
May I get six of the macaroons? And two Cafe au Lait?

"Oui, ce sera 20 euros."
Yes, that will be 20 euros.

I walk over to an empty table in the corner and place the two coffees down and take a bite out of one of the macaroons. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but sweet nonetheless. As I wait I look back at the text. Jonah had seen in, but I don't see him.

Jonah

"Is that where Lily wanted to meet you?" Zach asks. I nod.

"Then go inside!" Corbyn says pushing me towards the door.

"You guys aren't coming with?"

"She texted you, not us. Go." Daniel says stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket. I go inside and walk up to the cashier.

"Est-ce qu'une fille blonde aux yeux noisette entre?" I ask running my hand through my hair.
Has a blonde girl with hazel eyes come in?  

"Oui, elle est assise là-bas." The cashier points to a corner in the shop. I thank her and smile.
Yes, she's sitting over there.

I walk over to the corner and see Lily. She was looking down into her cup of coffee with another sitting across from her. I smile. "Hey, is this seat taken?" I ask. Lily looks up and our eyes connect. Her beautiful hazel eyes made my heart beat faster and faster. Lily smiles and her eyes seem to sparkle.

"No, go ahead." She says biting her lip. I sit down and take hold of the coffee that was there. "I didn't know if you liked coffee or not..."

"I love coffee, don't worry..." Lily sighs and looks down at her coffee before looking at me.  

"What if we never met?" She asks. I smile.

"But we did." Lily gives a small laugh.

"Yea, we did." Lily takes in a deep breath "I'm sorry... for not saying good-bye to you. And to the guys."

"It's okay... Are you sure you should be here? I mean, you're halfway across the globe in Paris, France."

"Probably not, but I don't care." Lily smiles widely and I put out my hand. Lily takes it and intertwines our finger together. "What if today was the first day we met?"

"Then I'm so happy to meet you, I'm Jonah."

"I'm Lily, I'm happy to meet you too."

"I love you Lily."

"I love you too Jonah."

"I have a surprise outside for you." Lily smiles and laughs. I stand out of the seat and reach my hand out. Lily stands and we intertwine our fingers. We walk out and Lily immediately spots the guys. She let go of my hand and runs full speed at Jack. He smiles widely as he wraps his arms around Lily and lifts her up slightly in the air. Lily giggles as she tightly hugs Jack. I see her say something in his ear and Jack says something back before setting her down. All the other guys wrap Lily in a group hug smiling and laughing.

Even though the guys were with us the whole day all I could focus on was Lily. She was the love of my life. I wanted to be with her, I wanted her to be mine.

"So what did you want to show me Jonah?"

"Come on, it's not that far away." I lead Lily to the Eiffel Tower. She smiles widely as she stares up at it.

"This is beautiful Jonah." She gasps.

"Just wait. And 3, 2-" The lights immediately come on and the Eiffel Tower shimmers in the night sky. Lily smiles and jumps slightly. She turns towards me and I wrap my arms around Lily's waist. She wraps hers around my shoulder and smiles up at me.

"Thank you Jonah."

"That's not the only thing." I got down on one knee and held open a box with a promise ring in is.

"Jonah! Oh my gosh."

"Lily, I love you so much. You are the light of my life and what kept me going everyday. Without you in my life I wouldn't survive, I don't know how I did all these years. I meant it when I said I was brave with you in my life. You make me brave enough to do anything. To stand out on a stage with thousands of fans, to go to all of these cities. I don't want to lose you Lily. You are my everything. So, I got a promise ring... as a promise to never leave each other's sides."

"I love you too Jonah, I don't want to lose you either." Lily says teary eyed.

"Lily... I- Will... will you be my girlfriend?" I stutter out the words. Lily looks into my eyes with a wide smile. She slowly starts to nod her head and a smile forms on my face as one word leaves her mouth.

"Yes!" Lily hugs me tightly and I hug her back feeling relieved. I hear people around us cheer as we embrace.

Lily

Finally. Jonah is mine and I'm his. I don't think I've ever been this happy. I'm in Paris, with my now boyfriend and his friends having the time of my life. I love Jonah with all my heart. He is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.

Now I'm standing in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, kissing the love of my life. And just to think all it took was that smile, that dumb amazing smile.

~Ending~ (PLEASE READ BELOW)

I hope you all enjoyed this short story. If you all have anymore suggestions for Why Don't We books send me a message! You can show me movies to watch if you want, or just explain how the story line goes.

I really enjoyed this story mainly because it was the plot of one of my favorite movies "Everything, Everything"

If you havent seen yet I just put out the first chapter of "Not So Bad Boy // J.M". Check that out if you would like and I will see you in the next book.

Byee!! <3