Chapter 14

I wake up the next morning feeling a little lightheaded. I drink some water and continue getting dressed. Jonah was still asleep so I kiss his cheek and he shifts in his sleep. I laugh at his bed head before quietly walking out of our room. 

As I do I still feel a little lightheaded, but it felt like it was getting worse

As I do I still feel a little lightheaded, but it felt like it was getting worse. I see Jack walking out of his room as well. He smiles. "Hey Lily."

"H-Hey Jack." I place my hand on the wall to steady my self.

"Are you okay?" Jack's voice came in morphed. I hear Jack's door open and hands on my waist to steady me.

"Lily?" Another voice said. The hall was blurry and shifting. I couldn't see or keep myself steadied. My body was shaking and I couldn't breath. "Lily, you're burning up." I felt like I wanted to thrown up or pass out or something..."Lily! Zach get Jonah. Lily come on!" I feel a warm hand on my face before. . .

Nothing. . .

Jonah

I heard a loud banging coming from the door. I look beside me to see nothing. Lily wasn't there. I jumpout of bed to answer the door. It was Zach and he had a frantic look on his face. "What the hell Z-"

"It's Lily." 

"What?"

"She wasn't responding to Jack and she just passed out." My heart drops to my stomach. No. I run back into my room putting on some jeans and a shirt. I throw on a hat and my shoes running out the door with Zach close behind me. We get to elevator and I'm breathing heavily. I kept telling myself she's going to be okay, Lily's going to be fine, but my heart can't help but beat a thousand miles a second.

"Where is she?" I ask quickly.

"Jack took another elevator down with her and Daniel called the ambulance."

"Is she okay?"

"We don't know."

"What was she even doing?"

"I don't know."

"Do you know anything?!"

"No! I don't. Jack just told me to get you. I doubt Jack knows anything either. Lily said she had SCID, so that must be the reason. New York isn't the best place to be when you're trying to avoid germs. She probably got sick from something we ate or from someone else."

"She said she was doing gene therapy though."

"Yea, but she's been inside for years. I doubt her body has been experienced to sickness and stuff." As we slowly headed to the ground floor I let my head fall into my hands. I feel my tears start to form and a hand placed on my back. "Lily is going to be okay Jonah. She's tough, she'll fight."

"Then what if she doesn't?" I say as my voice cracks.

"Then...I don't know. But it'll be okay." I nod slowly and wipe my eyes.