Chapter 9

"I miss Mike mom

"I miss Mike mom."

"Mike could've gotten you killed." My mother says as she checks my blood pressure. She writes it down as I sigh.

"He was my friend..."

"He was your nurse, Lilian. He was not supposed to bring strangers into this house."

"Jonah's not a stranger..." I say smiling.

"He's not yours." She says back.

"What?"

"Jonah isn't yours. He may be interested in you now...but if what you told me about him was true he's going to go on tour and find a new girl. He'll like her like he likes you now and he'll be her Jonah. If Mike was your friend he would've told you that."

"Love can't kill me."

"You were lucky."

What if Jonah does find someone else? What if tomorrow his car pulls in and there's a girl in the car with him. He says something and she laughs and she says something back and he laughs. She places her hand on his shoulder and they stare at each other like Jonah and I do... then they kiss.

Who am I kidding, my mom is right. Why would I fall for someone when I'm stuck in here? Why would he ever fall for me? I'm sick. I can't even leave the house.

I get a text from Jonah.

Jonah

JJ: Pick up!

He face times me but I deny.

JJ: Pick up!!

He calls again and this time I accept.

"Hi Jonah." I say in a sad tone.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"What's the point anymore?"

"With what?"

"With us! I'm in here and you're out there. One day you're going to go on tour with your band and you'll find another girl."

"That's not true."

"Yes it is! You're going to find a girl prettier than me, funnier than me, smarter than me...you'll be her Jonah..."

"What? Lily no!"

"Yes, Jonah. And I'll still be here behind this glass until I'm old and die alone."

"You're not going to die alone Lily, I promise."

"This isn't going to work Jonah."

"I don't want to lose you Lily..."

"I'm sick and I can't go outside. I can't be with you, I can't hug you, kiss you... What are you really losing?"

The next day

I wake up and walk to my computer room

I wake up and walk to my computer room. I was expecting to see my usual view, but what I saw instead was even better. My window was covered in pictures of cities. Pictures of cities in the day time, and the nighttime. They were lit up by buildings and cars, it was amazing.

There was a note in the mist of all of it

There was a note in the mist of all of it. It read:

Lily,

All the cities in the world deserve to be seen by your beautiful eyes...

I smile widely and feel a tear form on my face.

He's perfect. . . He's just perfect.