Chapter 11

Jonah's friends get back outside and we all jump in the car. I lay my hand on the armrest and Jonah intertwined his fingers with mine. I smile at him and he looks out the front window. He takes a deep breath and looks at me. "Just...Don't breathe, okay?" I nod. "Are you guys ready to go?" All the guys cheer and Jonah drives off.

Once we get on the road it felt like we were floating on the ground. "Whoa...we're going really fast..." Jonah smiles.

"We're only going forty."

"Is that fast?" He shakes his head. "Can you go faster?" I smile and Jonah slowly pushes his foot down. The car speeds up and I smile widely and laugh. Jonah squeezes my hand and I smile at him. I hear a phone ring and Jonah glances down. He lets go of my hand and grabs his phone.

Jonah

"Hey Jeff!"

"Where the hell are you guys?"

"Well we unpacked, so we thought why not take a little trip."

"To where?"

"New York?"

"What?! I swear the five of you are crazy. That's on the other side of the country!"

"True, but we'll only be gone until Friday."

"Once you come back we need to get started on your Invitation Album, okay?"

"Okay. And don't tell anyone where we went, okay?"

"Why?"

"Just don't. Also could you order four tickets for the rest of the guys to New York, New York?"

"Fine." Jeff hangs up the phone. I put my phone down and sigh.

"Okay, Lily. I never introduced you to everyone. So the short guy in the very back with red cheeks is Zach." Zach waves at Lily with a wide smile. She smiles back. Damn...I never noticed how beautiful her smile was... "The dude beside him with blonde hair is Corbyn. You already know Jack, and the last one is Daniel."

"So Lily..." Zach starts. "How come we've never seen you outside before?" Lily squeezes my hand.

"Uhm...well, I have SCID. It's an immune system deficiency. It means that my body isn't strong enough to fight off bad germs in my body."

"So how are you outside right now?"

"I've been doing gene therapy. My kind of SCID used to be rare, but now it's very common."

"So how do you know if it worked?"

"Well if I'm not dead by the end of this trip, then it worked."

The boys continue to ask Lily questions and she continues to answer. We make it to the airport and the guys get their tickets before we head to our gate. On the way we saw a few fans and took some pictures. They asked about Lily a lot, but I replied with "She's just a friend." I wish she was more though... We get to our gate and sit down together. Jack and Zach sat near Lily while Daniel adn Corbyn sat near me. Lily laid her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. I smile at how beautiful she is.

Wow, I'm lucky.