Chapter 6

"Lily, your face..."

"What? Is it red? Am I flaring up?" Mike smiles and laughs.

"No, but you are thinking about him aren't you?"

"W-What? No..."

"You're blushing, of course you are."

"Whatever, Mike." I lean my head on my hand and start to daze out again. Mike was right I was thinking about Jonah. He was on my mind all the time and I loved it.

I was lying down on my bed thinking about Jonah as usual. I decide to call him. It's been a week so I should be fine. I call and his phone rings and rings. He eventually answer, but when his voice came through the phone it wasn't him.

"Hello?"

"Um, hello?"

"Who is this?"

"Uhm, this is Lily...I'm a friend of Jonah's. You are?"

"Jack Avery, also friend of Jonah's. So you're the famous Lily he keeps talking about? You seem very important to him." I laugh.

"I highly doubt it."

"No really. He says you're smart, creative, beautiful...In that order too. He loves you Lily."

"Thanks Jack..."

"No problem."

"Jack! What are you doing with my phone?"

"Just talking."

"Is it Lily?! Give me my phone!" I hear Jack laugh.

"Later Lily!"

"Bye..."

"Lily! Hey. What uh- what were you and Jack talking about?"

"Nothing, just talking. Anyways, where are you?"

"Hanging out with the band in Venice, why?" I was silent "Oh shoot. I was suppose to come over today. I'm sorry Lily."

"No, it's fine. Are you free this Wednesday? I was thinking we could watch the fireworks, talk...."

"The Fourth of July?"

"Y-yea is that okay?"

"Of course it is! I'll just have to ditch the guys."

"Oh you don't have to..."

"No! No, it's fine. I want to."

"Jonah! Come on bro!"

"I gotta go, but I'll see you Wednesday?"

"Yes, I will see you Wednesday. Bye Jonah."

"Bye Lily..."

"So how's it travelling with the band?" I was sitting across the room from Jonah

"It's amazing. I love travelling to so many places. We just got out of a tour before we moved."

"Where'd you go?"

"Europe. It was honestly the best tour ever. The food was amazing, the fans were so nice, and I just love foreign countries. Especially Germany, oh my gosh the food was delicious."

"Must be nice."

"Yea..." I smile and stand up. I walk over and sit beside Jonah.

"What are you doing?" Jonah asks smiling at me.

"Moving closer to you..."

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"No, but I'm going to at least try." Jonah scoots closer to me.

"Should we just stay friends? Everything about your mom and stuff." Jonah asks.

"I don't think you can do that." I say smirking.

"I probably can't." Jonah leans in closer to me and I feel my heart race.

"That means you have to stop staring at my lips." I say. Jonah looks up into my eyes and smiles "It means you can't hold my hand." Jonah had his hand on top of mine. He moves it back "And you can't keep leaning closer to me."

"Okay, okay! I can do that." Jonah stands up and walks over to my large windowed wall and looks up at the sky. I smile as I stand up and walk over to him. He looks down at me and smiles widely. It sent butterflies through my stomach.

 It sent butterflies through my stomach

"Whatcha doing?"

"Walking over to you." I say laughing. I grab Jonah's forearm and trail my hands to his. He takes my hands in his and we intertwine our fingers.

"What are you doing now?"

"Holding your hands." I walk closer to Jonah and his smile never leaves.

"What about now?"

"I'm getting closer."

"Does this mean I can too?"

"If you want." I was inches away from Jonah's face and I could slightly feel his breath on my lips. Jonah gets closer and closer to me before glancing at my lips then back at me. I did the same and closed the gap between us. Yes, I could get sick and die, but for Jonah I'd risk everything. Even though I've only known him for a few months. It felt like that moment lasted forever, but it was only a few seconds. But they were the best few seconds of my entire life. All it took was that smile, that dumb amazing smile.