Chapter 4

Mike was wiping down the counters as I was lying on the couch.

"Maybe he could visit?"

"Teenagers are all the same." Mike sighs.

"Is that a no?" I sit up off the couch and Mike stays silent "He could get decontaminated, and it would just be for a half hour-"

"Are you crazy?"

"Wouldn't you be if you were inside for 18 years?" Mike sighs.

"No."

"He could get decontaminated and he'd just sit across the room from me."

"You're mother would never let you."

"You don't have to tell her."

"Is it that easy to lie?"

"You know it's easier than I thought."

"Huh..." Mike sets down the spray bottle and towel in his hand "You know what. I'm going to go home and check on some stuff." I laugh to myself. Yea, and I'm terrible at lying.

Katie is the only other person that can come in the house, but she's leaving for Michigan in the fall, she'll make new friends and I'll be here alone with my mom.

"So what does he look like?" We sit in the window seat that was facing Jonah's window.

"Katie. . ."

"What?"

"Okay, so I guess he's cute."

"I don't belive you."

"I don't know. He wears all black and has short brown hair. Maybe he's a figment of my imagination. Just a really good looking one." Katie and I laugh. Mike walks in and looks at us.

"What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing." Katie and I say in unison.

"Come on Katie, you need to go home."

"Okay dad." Katie gives me a quick hug before leaving. I sigh and look out the window. I decide to do something better than sit in a window sill so I go down to my office room and sit at my desk. I finish up a drawing that I had been working on for a while. I was almost finished until I heard a tap on the window. I look up and Jonah was there with a smile. He motions me over. He does something on his phone and my speaker goes off.

"Connecting to Jonah Marais' iPhone." A soft guitar riff starts to play. I close my eyes and imagine being outside with Jonah. A smile forms on my face. I hear a knock on the window and I open my eyes. 

Jonah puts his hand up to the window and I put mine over his. I don't know how, but he made me feel like I was outside, like I wasn't sick.

-Next Day-

I decide to buy my own credit card so I could get some new clothes. 

"That was easier than I thought." I order a brown turtleneck sweater crop top. When it got here Mike brought it in for me. He smirks at me as he puts the box down. I radiate the top then put it on. I continue searching online for different clothes as my mom walks in.

 I continue searching online for different clothes as my mom walks in

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Is that a new top? Where'd you get it?"

"From Mike." I lie. My mom smiles and nods and walks out. I put down my laptop and sit in my window sill staring out at a place I've never been. Outside.