Chapter 15

Zach and I get to the ground floor to see paramedics carrying Lily onto the ambulance. I run over to her and place my hand on her cheek. "Lily? Lily come on Princess." I say desperately as I feel tears start to burn my eyes.

"Sir we need to her into the truck." A paramedic pushed me away. Corbyn grabs my wrist pulling me back towards the group.  I look at him and I felt like crying.

"Its gonna be okay bro. We'll see her in a few hours." The ambulance drives away and the cars go back to their lanes blocking off the street. "Do you want to go and wait at the hospital?" I nod. Corbyn whistles and gets the attention of two taxis. Corbyn, Zach and I get in one and Jack and Daniel get in the other. "Hospital on William Street." He says. The driver nods and heads into the slow moving traffic.

Lily

I can barely breathe. I feel dead, but I don't want to die. Not yet, not now. I need to stay alive...for my mom, for Jonah, for Jack, for Corbyn, for Zach and Daniel. I'm not dying yet.

My lungs feel like they're being crushed. I felt my hands being strapped down and something placed over my mouth, like a mask. As if all at once the weight was lifted off my body and I could breathe. The cold air filled my lungs. It felt smooth and smelled clean...too clean. Like bleach and other cleaning supplies. I was in the hospital. . . oh no. They're going to call my mom. I don't want to go home. Not yet.

As I lied feeling lifeless, my vision became more than just darkness. A figure walks in. I could tell by the way they grabbed my hand that it was Jonah. His hand was clammy, like he was nervous. He was shaking. "Lily?" I blink my eyes all the way open and smile as I look into Jonah's eyes. "You're okay..." Jonah says sounding relieved. I nod. Jonah puts his forehead on mine. He closes his eyes and breathes in. A smile forms on his lips and I get the urge to kiss him. " I love you so much Lily. I don't want to loose you."

As much as I wanted to say it back, I started to think. Jonah doesn't deserve me in his life. I'm basically a bomb waiting to explode. And once I do I'll ruin his entire life. I'm not good for Jonah, but he's already stumbled into my life. I don't think I can push him out. "Could you give us minute?" A doctor had come in. But by that time my vision was already falling out and I was falling unconscious. "Lilian?" I hear a voice before everything goes black.

My heart stops. When I wake up, Jonah was gone...