Chapter 7

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jonah asks frantically through the phone.

"Yes, Jonah I'm fine...perfect actually."

"Are you sure? Is it okay that we...kissed?"

"Yes, just like I said...perfect." I sigh.

"Okay, I miss you."

"I miss you too Jonah...Goodnight..."

"Goodnight." I sigh as I hang up the phone. This boy is everything to me. We kissed and I could still feel his lips on mine. They were soft and smooth. Jonah was a great kisser, although I don't know what a bad kisser feels like...

The next day I saw Jonah outside on his skateboard. He was trying out new tricks I guess. He had headphones in which wasn't safe because a car sped by nearly hitting him. Jonah spun off his skateboard adn landed on his elbow. I could see blood and I noticed that Jonah was having trouble standing. I run downstairs then out the door.

"Lily?!" I could hear my mom yelling after me, but I didn't care.

"Jonah!" I yell. A few seconds later I could see four other boys running out their house and over to me. Jonah looks at me and his eyes widen I help him up and the other guys were behind Jonah staring at me with confusion "Jonah are you okay?" I asks holding his forearms, making sure his blood doesn't touch me.

"Lily I'm fine, what are you doing?! Go back inside!" Jonah yelled as Jack and the blond boy from before help steady him.

"No, I want to make sure you're okay!"

"Lily?" The boys question. Jack gave me a comforting smile as I felt my arm being tugged.

"Lilian! What are you doing?!" My mom drags me away and I look at Jonah one last time. Once I get back inside she closes the door and grips both my forearms "Lily what were you doing out there? Did you touch anything?!" She asks in a frantic voice.

"No! I didn't touch anything... I promise." My mother was silent. "I'm sorry, I had to make sure he was okay..."

"Why would you risk your life for someone you don't know?! A total stranger?" I was silent. My mother lets go of my arms and runs her hand through her hair "He's not a stranger is he?"

"We talk sometimes..." I say quietly.

"You talk? How could you..." 

I sit in my room after soaking in a bath for four hours. I sat by the window staring at Jonah's room and the sky. My mom walks in and sits beside me "I'm sorry that Jonah got hurt Lily... Did it look like he was okay?"

"I don't know...his arm was bleeding, but he didn't notice I guess..."

"Lily, you can't risk you life like that."

"But no one else was out there until they heard me scream."

"You should've told me..." My mother sighs. "I should've known something was off the minute he came with brownies." I laugh quietly before meeting my mothers eye. They were more serious now. "You can't see him again Lily."

"I never saw him..." I lie. My mother's hand was in a fist she lays it over my hand and opens it. Something falls in my hand. It felt like jewelry.

"Yes you have." She lifts her hand and walks out my room. I look down at my hand to see Jonah's necklace. My breath hitches as I stare at it. I hold it tightly in my hand as I drop my head.