Chapter 17

I run into my mother's office taking out all her files and reading through every single one. But there was nothing. I look through her laptop adn still Nothing! There's nothing. I lean on the wall and sink to the floor, tears stinging my eyes. She lied not me... 

"What are you doing?"

"Am I sick?"

"What?"

"Am. I. Sick?"

"Do you feel sick Sweetie?" My mother reaches out for me, but I push her hands back.

"No! That's not what I-" I take in a deep breathe. "Do you remember meeting a Doctor Williams in New York?"

"I met a lot of Doctors why?"

"She doesn't think I have SCID."I say with a shaky voice. My mother sighs.

"She got your hopes up didn't she? It was wrong of her to do that. Not everyone understands it. Everyone reacts differently."

"Yea, that's what you always tell me."

"She doesn't know your entire medical history like I do. She hasn't been here like I have."

"Where are the papers?" I ask standing to my feet.

"What d-"

"You have documents on everything, but SCID. Where Are The Papers?!" My mother picks up the folder form the ground.

"I-I have all the information in here. I don't know why you couldn't find it... Did you- did you take them?" I feel my heart shatter. She'd lied to me. I'm not sick. I've never been sick... I push past my mom and run towards the door. "Lilian!" I unlock the door and walk outside. I feel my mother grab me. "Are you okay Sweetie, come on get inside." I move out of her grip. 

"Why?" I ask with a shaky voice. "Why do I have to go?"

"Because you're sick sweetie."

"No, I'm not."

"Please Lily."

"Why?!"

"Because you're all I have left! I can't loose you too!"

"Was I ever sick?" I ask. My mom stay quiet. She lied no me. She's ben lying to me my whole life.

"Come inside."

"You lied to me?" I ask as tears stream down my face.

"I wanted to protect you."

"Yea and see where that got you."

"Lily..."

"I-I..." I turn and run out the driveway tears blurring my vision. I hear my mother screaming out for me, but they soon fade away. I reach the end of my neighborhood and run out into the city that was beyond the gates.

I feel in my pocket and find my phone. I take it out and call Mike.

"Lily? What's wrong, are you okay?" By this time I had stopped crying, but my breathing was still staggering.

"I-I need you too pick me up..."

"Okay, where are you?"

"I-I don't know... Please just find me."

"Okay, I'll be there in a few."

Mike somehow finds me and wraps me in a hug. I hug him back grabbing his shirt in my fists. "What happened?"

"I really don't want to talk about it." Mike nods and opens the door for me. I step in and sit staring out the window. San Francisco was so much bigger than I thought. It was so much brighter and busy than I had known before. I've missed out on so much...

~~~

The next chapter is the ending y'all! Get ready because I'm releasing it in a week on Sunday.