CHAPTER 11

"Authority, Respect."

A good leader must be able to command these in his or her workplace to promote a sense of seriousness and a proper working environment. Or at least that's what Father told me.

"You must be able to see the fear drawn on the faces of your workers when you step through the door." He added.

I always wondered if I'd be able to command all these things once the company was handed over to me and to answer my lifelong question, standing before me was a crowd which neither feared me, respected me or saw me to hold any authority.

They were the toughest crowd I had seen yet. With scowls and judgmental looks on their stressed faces, the employees of my dear loving husband's company were out for my blood.

Yeah that's right, employees who absolutely love me and do not call me a money leeching parasite behind my back.

Definitely they'll welcome my plan to save Anthony's ass and probably theirs too, obviously they adore me so much that they'll do everything I instruct them to.

"Hello everyone" I began and tried my best to remain calm and composed despite their heart wrenching glares.

"Where's Mr Ramirez?!" One of them yelled from the back and my lips pursed into a thin line.

"I was just about to address that,now if you'll just be patient all confusion will be cleared and in time for the meeting" I replied and hoped my facial expressions were friendly enough to avoid being called names in secret.

"What do you mean by in time for the meeting?! Mr Ramirez stormed out a while ago?!" A female chirped from the back and as if on cue chaos erupted within them.

Mrs Potter and I turned to face each other and she pinched the bridge of her nose impatiently.

"And who does she think she is talking to us?!" I heard within the chatter.

"Did you see the look she gave us?! Does she think she's above us or something?!" I sighed as soon as I heard one say and cussed inwardly at my inability to control my facial expressions.

"Such a gold digger, looking at us like she owns the place!"

With that I had heard enough,I turned to Mrs Potter and whispered into her ear. She hurried off to get what I politely instructed her to. I stretched out my hand once she got back and she placed an empty coffee mug in my hand.

The infuriating chatter didn't cease but I could see a few give me confusing looks as they stared at the mug in my hand.

Breathing in and out, I bit the insides of my mouth hoping my anger would subside but they left me with no other choice.

Raising the mug, I threw it on the ground with all my might and it smashed into bits creating an echo within the large hall room.

Suddenly their mouths zipped shut and they stared at me in bewilderment. I instantly wished I could take a picture of how dumb they looked, each one of them.

"Now that I have your attention. I have tolerated your attitude for long enough. Name calling and all that, well it didn't matter at the beginning and believe me I hardly care about what you all see me as. Leech? Gold digger? Useless? Trust me I could hardly care. But here I am as dumb as I am trying to save the lousy jobs of the same people who tarnish my name." I yelled in a strident tone. I was furious and I could hardly care what anyone thought of me in that moment.

"And how are you going to do that?!" A female at the left asked me and rolled her eyes at me.

I smiled and walked up to her. Standing right in front of her I realized she was hardly taller than me and she looked quite familiar.