10 - Such A Dramatic Life, Rin

My parents returned home on the Wednesday after our island excursion. After coping with the reactions from everyone at school because of the AI interview, I then had to cope with my parents. Eileen was okay with it...well, I assume she was okay with it because my dad whisked me off to the living room as soon as he stepped through the front door. Eileen didn't follow so she was either fine with it or my dad told her to stay out of it - the second being very unlikely as he worshipped the very ground she walked on.

I sat on the white sofa in the living room, sipping a cup of tea. My father paced around the entire room, flapping his arms about for expression, much like Tamaki does when he's outraged.

"THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?!" he cried. "THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS?! THEY'RE BASICALLY ACCUSING YOU OF SLEEPING WITH THOSE TWINS! TAKING PART OF AN INCESTUOUS ACT – A TWINCESTUOUS ACT!"

I rolled my eyes and set my teacup on the coffee table in front of me. "She sure did accuse me of twincestuous activity, but it's not true and you know it, so I don't know why you're so bothered."

"THIS IS YOUR REPUTATION ON THE LINE, RIN!" he threw his arms into the air in exasperation before flopping down onto the armchair across from me. "This may ruin your entire future."

"I never planned on having a reputable future in this kind of industry anyway," I sighed, I had told him this many times before. "I want to do environmental studies – I want to help animals and the world, not myself."

"I know that, Rin," he grunted. "But this is still a platform that you can use to achieve that and more. You will never be taken seriously in any field if this sticks."

"It won't stick because my name isn't important!"

"IT IS, RIN! THAT'S WHY THESE PEOPLE WERE DESPERATE TO INTERVIEW YOU!" he yelled, jumping up from his seat once again and raking his hands through his black hair. "THEY GOT AN INTERVIEW FROM YOU, TO EXPLOIT YOU AND GET A HIGHER READING! NOW MORE MAGAZINE'S WANT THE STORY THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST! THIS ALSO AFFECTS YOUR FRIENDS TOO! NOT TO MENTION THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I NEED TO SPEND TO GET RID OF THIS!"

"WHY IS MONEY SUCH A PROBLEM? ITS NOT LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF IT TO BUY A HOUSE OUT HERE AND LEAVE ME WHILE YOU GO OFF TO EXOTIC LOCATIONS TO MAKE THE BEST NEXT FILM!"

With that, it got too much and I stormed out of there and straight to my bedroom. I continued to pace around my living room until there was a knock at the door. I answered it myself and there stood Eileen in all her beauty. Her blonde hair was wrapped up into a bun and she wore a black and white tracksuit set from her travels, although she looked ready for an ad shoot. When I opened the door, I stepped aside and she walked right in and sat on my favourite sofa and patted onto the cushion beside her. I did as motionally instructed and sat awkwardly next to her before she flung her arms around me.

"It's one drama after another when it comes to you, Rin," she tutted and patted my shoulder. "I mean, the mafia boy and now this? Not to mention everyone's questions and assumptions of your summer! But let me just say that it'll pass."

"Thanks," I sighed and leaned into her hug, "But that's not what I'm worried about. Dad said it'll ruin my friends lives too, and I never thought about that before doing the interview. They haven't said anything against it this week but still."

"Rin," Eileen smiled and held me by my shoulders, making sure I was looking her in the eyes. "First of all let me just say that those twins looked like they were having a good time in those pictures with you. And by how they sounded in the interview, they value your friendship dearly. So if they haven't said anything but jokes so far, chances are it is by no means affecting them badly."