8 - A Relaxing Beach Interview? Really?

Court was on the Wednesday. I didn't tell my parents about everything that happened and I was thankful they were still away when I had to go to court. I did tell them that Hikaru and I would be placing a restraining order and my dad hardly seemed surprised. He just said to be careful not to anger his family, the Kurosawa's. Niko and his family tried making out like he was the most reasonable person on earth. All I said was that I no longer felt safe with Niko near me, especially after he disfigured Hikaru, as I didn't feel comfortable putting forward the story of abuse on me. And fortunately, with the influence of Kyoya and Tamaki, the court accepted the request. Niko looked far from happy but I made sure to speak to his father who was in attendance. 

"Where is your father?" He had asked me, "Surely he would want to be here for you."

"He knew I could handle this on my own, sir," I told him, "I'm sorry for the disturbance I've caused. I felt like this was the quietest way for me to step out of Niko's life." 

"You could've just broken up with the boy," he laughed.

I tried to laugh too, "Yeah, but you know what he's like, he kept trying to pull me back. I hope all the best for your family, sir, but I can't be apart of that."

"For the best, Rin," he said, "You'd never last in our family."

And with that, he and Niko went away, and I didn't look back.

The rest of the week passed slowly and painfully as the anxiety was trying to settle, and tests to study for and Host club to do as I didn't quit. Part of the deal with Niko was to let him spread why we broke up, and he could choose whatever reason he wanted. He chose that he broke up with me because I cheated on him, though he couldn't specify who, although we all know he would choose Hikaru, he did say he beat the crap out of the guy. So some people were suspicious. But because I was also injured and we had that warthog reason, not many thought it could have been Hikaru. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

11am Saturday Morning

I was sleeping peacefully, cosy in bed, dreaming of whatever the hell I dreamt about. Suddenly I was woken by the doorbell signal that beeped in my room. The butler would've gotten the door, but that meant I had to be ready to receive whatever guest if the butler told me they meant to stay. Shimizu then spoke through the intercom telling me that there were guests waiting in the main living room. I groaned and pulled myself out of bed, swiftly putting on my red, cherry blossom dressing gown and throwing my hair into a low bun. I quickly wiped my face with cleanser just in case before making my way downstairs.

Though I was somewhat grumpy that my weekend had been disturbed, I felt light and breezy due to my more than 5 hours of sleep. So when I opened the living room doors to find the Host club sitting in different chairs, I didn't kick off too much.

"Oh god," I groaned as soon as I opened the door. I stood there letting my arms swing by my sides, looking up to the skies as if questioning the man himself. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Rin-chan!" Hunny-senpai greeted, jumping up and hugging me. "We're here to see you!"

"I kinda guessed that," I mumbled and hugged back, giving him a somewhat friendly smile.

I noticed Haruhi sitting beside Tamaki barely awake, and also guessed that they had dragged her tired ass out of her house to come here. She was wearing mismatched clothes, the worst possible outfit I had ever seen her wear, and she wasn't the most stylish person in this room, or in the poor people category. God, some commoners could really whip up a good sense of style – but not Haruhi.

Tamaki got up and bowed, sensing my grump. "Rin, we came unannounced and I apologise." I looked at all of them confusedly. Why did Tamaki just apologise to me? Why the hell did it feel like they were up to something? ... That was because they were up to something. "We're here to take you away for the weekend!"

~ ~ ~ ~ later that day ~ ~ ~ ~

That's how I somehow wound up walking on the serene beaches of Ishigaki-jima. Although it was beautiful, we were only there overnight so there wasn't much time to enjoy it. Haruhi took Kyoya with her and they went "souvenir shopping", although they were most likely getting away from the excitable Tamaki that she still wasn't dating. Thus left me with the crazies. Tamaki went out of his way to make sure I was having a great time, probably because he felt bad that I had gotten abused without his knowledge. Hikaru and Kaoru spent time with each other, but also stuck to me like glue until I had to push them away, leaving them to seek fun by playing pranks on our friends. Hunny and Mori had kept me company for a while, but soon enough they found some people to have a volleyball match against, which Tamaki joined.