3 - Leaving isn't Easy

"Senpai, calm down!" I yelled at Tamaki, who was running around the now empty club room on Friday afternoon. I was flustered at how inconsiderate and childish he was acting.

"Calm down?! CALM DOWN?!" he cried, almost running the whole perimeter of the room, nearly knocking over the table where Hunny-Senpai sat miserably eating cake at. "CALM DOWN? MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER IS BEING RIPPED FROM MY VERY OWN ARMS?"

"I'm not being ripped away anywhere, Senpai," I sighed, lowering myself down into the chair across from Hunny. I looked up at Mori-Senpai, who looked to me and then to Hunny without much expression but I could tell even he was concerned.

I had left it until the end of the day before I announced my departure from the Host Club. I didn't tell them that the real reason for me leaving was because of Niko. I dished out some lie about focusing on my studies and dumb crap like that which they had believed. To make sure my plan was effective, I had told Haruhi about my fake problem during lunch and discussed my solution. I didn't mention Niko, though I wasn't too sure if she believed me or not. Either way, she helped calm Tamaki down by seeing my side of the situation. Though Kyoya wasn't being any help by expressing how they'd lose out on my clients and have to repay them. I told him I'd give any money he needed. Renge sat on one of the couches, watching us all. She had expressed her concerns, asked why I had never been bothered about my grades before, so I made up even more crap about wanting to go to Harvard, which is actually true, and how I wanted to join some different clubs to boost my application. They all protested that I'd get in based on wealth and my reputation, but I was aware of notifying Harvard I wanted to be judge like everyone else. The twins concerned me as they said nothing, silently they stood by a window. Kaoru glanced at Hikaru every so often, but they both said nothing. I felt helpless seeing everyone so said as there was nothing I could do. I hated Niko for what he was making me do but I was breaking through to him, I knew I was. And if leaving the Host club, even until he calms down, then so be it.

"It's for the best, you know?" I chimed in, "Hey, it's not like you won't see me around school! Probably crying in the library or something," I laughed, getting up from my seat with false positivity. "And I promise to come visit or hang out with you guys! Like some crazy visit to a...commoner's zoo!"

"Oh, just like you promised to hang out with us in summer?" Hikaru scoffed, folding his arms and finally looking up at me with his hazel eyes blazing.

I looked at Kaoru for help but he shrugged. "You're not exactly the best person to trust with how you've been acting."

I stared at them with my mouth open. That was going a bit far. Even Renge had stopped painting her nails, peering over the side of the couch, her phone was in her hand recording the whole argument to sell to people the next week who missed the drama. Haruhi, whose hands were tied with the emotional baggage of Tamaki, took no notice when Hikaru came charging straight towards me. His hands were still clenched into fists and, because of obvious past experience, I started backing away slowly.

"I thought we were your friends!" Hikaru spat. He didn't notice how much I flinched at his tone. "How can anything be for the best when you're not with your friends?! You told us that exact thing, Rin! You told us everything was better when you were with us! SO why did you ignore us all summer? And why the hell are you leaving us now?!" As his voice grew louder, everyone stopped, even Tamaki. They all knew how far Hikaru would take this, including myself. "You come in here trying to 'help us' and then you abandoned us as soon as you got a boyfriend! And left before summer even started! THE ONE TIME WE NEEDED YOU, RIN. THE ONE TIME I REALLY NEEDED YOU! BUT YOU WERE OFF IN AMERICA HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!"

Though trembling, I stated calmly, "But I was visiting my mother, in rehab-"

"YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GO TO REHAB YOURSELF! YOU HAVEN'T EATEN ANYTHING FOR DAYS!" he yelled, getting right into my face. "I NOTICED THAT, RIN! HAS NIKO? HAVE YOUR PARENTS? HAS YOUR PRECIOUS COLLEGE APPLICATION? NO? WELL THAT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE, JUST LIKE HOW WE DON'T!"