Zayn's Picnic Gone Wrong

“No, no, no, no, no!” Zayn screams, jumping off the couch beside you and running straight for the backyard door, disappearing quickly as soon as he slid the glass door open. 

Puzzled, you watch him scamper out before returning to your TV show. He had just been sitting next to you watching Doctor Who without a problem, but all of a sudden something struck that brain of his and he took off in a mad dash for the yard after rain had started to pour heavily down outside.

A couple of minutes later, Zayn comes sulking back into the house, a wet blanket and damp picnic basket in his hands. He shakes his dark wet hair out like a dog, sending droplets of water shooting out across the living room as some more drip off the edge of his shorts and t shirt.

“Are you okay? Where did that stuff come from?” you ask confused, pointing to the blanket and basket that hung in your wet boyfriend's hands.

“Um... I thought it would be a cute idea to have a moonlit picnic in the yard after your show ended. But the stupid rain ruined that,” he grumbles, agitated but with embarrassment lacing through his thick accent. He throws the blanket down on the floor and quickly opens the picnic basket to check the damage done to the food. 

“Aww, you really planned all that out for me?” you ask, flattered by the thought, even if the end resulted in a disaster.

He looks back up at you with a sheepish smile. “I did. I thought it would be something fun and different. But the weather had a plan of its own.”

You laugh lightly, “Zayn, didn’t you look at the weather report before going ahead with this? You know it rains more days than not during this time of year.”

Zayn gives you a look as if to say “do you realize who you’re talking to?” which leads you to laugh some more.

“Nope, guess you didn’t think quite that far ahead," you don't hide your playful smirk. Zayn could be such a goof ball sometimes. That was one part of him that you completely fell in love with. No matter how many times he messed up something that was for you, you loved him even more for his effort that never failed to show. 

“No, of course I didn’t," he sighs. "Now, what do you say to come soggy sandwiches and wet pastries?” He wiggles his dark bushy eyebrows causing you to giggle. 

“Sounds delicious!” you chirp sarcastically, getting up off the couch and padding your way across the soft carpet and into his arms. 

His warmth and wonderful scent enfolds you as he wraps his arms around your waist, bringing you closer and planting a kiss on the top of your head. 

"Sorry it didn't work out," he mumbles, softly chuckling. 

You smile, "Don't worry about it, babe. I love that you put effort into something like this for me. I didn't expect it and even though it didn't work out, I still love you." 

Zayn pulls back but keeps rubbing your back and shoulders gently, the way you like it. "I hope so. You're so hard to please sometimes." 

You watch his handsome face pull into a smirk, his eyes dancing as he looks down at yours. Then you slap him on the arm playfully, not too hard, for payback.

"I'm kidding, babe. I love you," he chuckles deeply, ignoring your slap which seemed to have no effect on his somewhat muscular arm, and gently kisses you on your lips quickly before pulling back and pulling you into a hug.